“Perfect for a weekend getaway and children friendly”

Courtyard Virginia Beach Norfolk
Ranked #54 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
ocean side new york
“Perfect for a weekend getaway and children friendly”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

As a senior member on trip advisor and Multiple Marriott Vacation Owners that I find that some reviews are confusing. Let me say, I most often stay at Marriott's level 7 hotels but this location was clean and ideal for a weekend visit with my companion and his kids . The kids enjoyed the pool and the hot tub was very well maintained. This was a weekend only but I would definitely return for easy access to the malls, food and a good nights sleep. This is a courtyard that provided a great experience for family and fun. Hats off to Nino Romero the manager on duty and I would definitely ask for him upon my return. Keep up the great work and the breakfast on site is good!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank laverne_10
Jennifer T, General Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Norfolk, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you so much for the 5 star rating! Our staff certainly appreciates your kind words. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to allow your stay to be fun and productive!
We certainly hope to see you again during your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Gaithersburg, MD
Reviewed October 7, 2013

While not at the beach, was close enough that I didn't mind driving the family to the beach. Did not really partake in service offerings at the hotel, outside of sleeping room, but historically I have enjoyed the courtyard brand - having traveled for business mostly. Would go back and stay for next trip. No complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Norfolk, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. We try to ensure every guest has a great experience when staying with us. Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your time here & hope that if you travels bring you back to this area, you will stay with us again!
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I turned to Marriott as I have in the past when I travel. I actually was in the area visiting relatives, and originally stayed at another Hotel. However, do to certain reasons, I checked out (see previous review). In any case, I grabbed by phone, pulled up the Marriott mobile app, and quickly found this location, made the reservation, all in a matter in minutes.

I was pleasantly greeted by the host upon entry in the late hours of the night. I found the main lobby to be very clean, modern, and updated. My room (Room 117) appeared to have been recently updated. Everything was new, or at least appeared new to me. Bathroom was spotless, with all tiles, structures very clean and in tact. Amenities in this room included a mini fridge, dresser, closet, business desk and chair, king size bed, and fold out couch. This was more than I needed for this trip, but welcomed just the same. There is a sliding door looking out to the parking lot, which was a bit odd. Note, this room is just one room away from the entry door, so access was quick.

There are a few other hotels in the same area. There are also some restaurants and gas stations nearby. If staying here, it is just off the highway exist, so travel to either the beach or the city center is quick.

Overall, as expected, Marriott delivered a quality room at a quality price. This is on my Favorites list for my next trip to this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your response. We appreciate your kind words & hope that if your travels bring you back to the Hampton Roads area we hope to see you back here at our Courtyard!
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We rode motorcycles to VA beach for a quick holiday. What a nice surprise this place was. James and Thomas were very pleasant and helpful giving us directions to restaurants and shops, they even offers to let us park the bikes under the awning if it started to rain. Every area of the hotel was clean and well maintained. I would recommend this place highly.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your response & the kind words. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next "ride" through the Hampton Roads area!
Chania Town, Greece
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week, due to a conference. The room looked old, smelled like mold and didn't even have a fridge... My room was on the ground floor and offered no privacy as it was overlooking the yard with the pool. The sliding door was difficult to open and close properly and it was old, if not ancient! In general, I thought this was one of the worst rooms I've ever stayed in. |The bed, though, was quite comfortable... However, the overall hotel experience wasn't that bad. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast (which in my case was included in the room rate) was sufficient and actually was the highlight of the day.
The location was a little too quiet and remote for me, since I didn't have a car, and it was really hot for me to walk even to the nearest 7-eleven for some snacks or refreshments. However, if I had a car, things would have been much simpler.
The hotel is sufficient for a quick visit but after a week, this room seems depressing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Than you for your review. I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered. We do try to make sure our guests have a positive experience.
We did have some issues with the sliding door locking mechanism that would make it difficult to open. This fortunately was still under warrant & I'm glad to report that every room with an affected door was retrofitted with new locks.
All of our rooms are not supplied with refrigerators, but if you ask we will be more than happy to supply one for you. Especially for a week long trip, that's a must!
Again, thank you for your feedback so that we may have the opportunity to fix the problem & make it right for the next guest.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were visiting our family renting a house at the Beach and wanted our own place to stay. For a couple days, we didn't need to stay at the Beach, since we were at their house with pool, beach, etc. We picked this Hotel since we like Courtyards and we weren't disappointed in the cleanliness and location. Breakfast wasn't included, so we asked the Hotel where to go and found a great restaurant. There is a small restaurant in the Lobby with a light Breakfast until 10 a.m. then they close until dinner. If we had a longer visit, we would miss not having a refrigerator (there was a compartment for one). I guess they removed them. The maids liked to knock on your door early, so make sure you put the "Do Not Disturb" sign out. The Front Desk woman we encountered was very friendly and helpful. If this was a Business Trip, I would stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We do try to ensure our guests have a great experience when staying with us.
We do not have enough refrigerators for all rooms in the hotel at this time, but are working towards getting them in all rooms. During your next stay, please request one in your reservation & we will do all we can to get one supplied for you!
Again, thank you for your kind words & we hope that if your travels bring you back to our area that we will see you here again.
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have visited so many marriots, but this one is definitely not worth the price. The room wasn't that great and the face sink is outside the restroom. Didn't like the overall environment. Also the restaurant experience is not great over all. The service is just normal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about your stay. We try to make our guest's stay positive & enjoyable. Unfortunately, it sounds like we let you down.
Thank you for the feedback so that we may have the opportunity to fix the problem and make it right for the next guest.