“great price. Great stay”

Days Inn Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #85 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 19, 2010

My 2 daughters loved the place. It was very economical. The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast was great even though it was a little crowded in the lobby. I would stay here again. We did have to jump in the car for 10 mins to get to the beach with the money we saved we were able to go shopping and eat out more!!!.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ywatson

Reviewed July 25, 2010

My girlfriend and I chose the hotel because it was close to the VA Beach Amphitheater, where we saw Jack Johnson (great concert by the way!!).
Management was friendly and willing to fix minor problems that we had with the hotel (the ice machine was broken so the manager bought ice from the local store and placed it in a cooler for patrons to use). The room was recently renovated but it was plain and simple – no frills here folks.
Breakfast is included in the stay but it’s nothing to write home about – all carbs. There is a brand new McDonald’s restaurant within walking distance and we ate there several times.
Our neighbor summed up the experience when we bumped into him as we were getting out of our car in the parking lot. He said “there is no rush here dude – it’s all Virginia…all chill…don’t rush dude”
Overall we had a good experience but don’t take your new wife on your honeymoon to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DCvacationista
Reviewed May 7, 2010

this hotel has friendly staff nice tvs and is very good for the traveling worker. we worked midnight shift while staying for thirty days and the staff adapted to our unique needs. the manager was always helpful and i would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Days Inn Good Hotel food and decent accomodation. Breakfast was good and maintainance is decent and is near to visiting places.

• Stayed: November 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank KumarTravel08
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We stayed here on August 15 & 16 and it was a nightmare! After driving 10 hours to get to the hotel we check in and the room smells like cat urine and the refrigerator does not work. The attendant at the front desk tells me the hotel is all booked and they have no other rooms to switch us to and to come back in the morning when the manager will be in. The following morning I was hassled by the new front desk attendant that I did not have a "breakfast coupon" when I tried to get a bowl of cereal. I tried to explain to her that I did not receive one when I checked in the prior evening but this was very difficult due to the language barrier since I could barely understand her attempt at speaking the English language. About an hour later I went back to see about switching to a new room and the gentleman I spoke with the prior night was there. He said he remembered me and apologized that the manager was not scheduled to be in that day but offered to call him. He picked up the phone and called who I’m assuming to be the manager and after he got off the phone he told me he would switch me to a new room (with a working refrigerator) at no charge and would give me 50% off of the prior nights stay. We switched rooms and I thought all would be well for the rest of the trip but then I ran into even more issues when we went to check out on the 17th!
We went to check out and I asked to see the bill with the credit of 50% off of Saturday night’s stay wanting to make sure all loose ends were tied up before I left and that’s when the fight ensued. I was speaking to someone who stated he was the “manager” and told me point blank that “there was no way anyone would have ever promised me 50 % off of a room, and especially on a Saturday! “ He proceeded to argue with me even after I informed him that I would accept no less than what I was promised and that if I was promised 10% off of my Sunday night stay that I would be happy but that was not what I was told I would receive. He proceeded to yell at me after I told him that I myself was a manager and that if I promise something to a customer I have to follow through no matter what. He through the bill at me with 20% off of my Sunday night’s stay and by that point I was so angry and frustrated that I just signed for it and left while telling him I was going to report him to his manager.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed at this Days inn in mid July and came back for another stay in August. It is located right off the Interstate and about 15 minutes to the boardwalk / beach. There are numerous fast food restaurants such as McDonalds, Wendy's, Hardees, Sonic, Taco Bell, Bojangles, Denny's, etc within several miles. There are also numerous restaurants for fine dining nearby. The hotel is close to Walmart, K-Mart, Target, where supplies can be purchased. The room is your typical hotel room. The beds are extremely comfortable and each has 4 pillows. There is a mini fridge / microwave which was standard and did not have to be asked for. There is also a laundry / ice room. Breakfast consists of cereal, oatmeal, muffins, donuts, toast, waffles, fruit, juice, etc. The wi-fi worked adequately each time we were there. The pool is small but is actually big for this size motel. Busch Gardens, Water Country USA and Williamsburg are all less than 1 hour away. Parking at the beach can be found for $1 an hour via meters or $5 at numerous lots. The Sun Dial Motel parking is $3 all day.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank ae2j1
Reviewed August 14, 2009

I got here the desk clerk when I checked in was very helpful, but after that the staff was basic,stingy and cheap. They advertise to have a micro wave and fridge. but once you get the room you have to say something to them before you get one! then it comes to you dirty, with food stuck to both! i had to leave my drivers liscense at the desk to use the one iron the lend out. I couldn't park in front of my room because of contruction bins right in front of my room given me a "nice" view of huge dumpsters.Then I found someones stained underwear in the dressers, along with other dirty clothes. Then the door kept getting stuck, and trying to get into you're room at 11pm, for thirty minutes, with three kids is ridiculous. And to top it all off they had ROACHES!!!!!! It's just a dressed up nasty motel!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family