“Trip to Virginia Beach”

Days Inn Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #84 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Brussels, Illinois
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel after driving all day trying to find a reasonable priced one in a safe neighborhood. I still didn't feel safe after checking in but we needed a night's sleep. The room was average--what I expected, nothing special but it was clean and we got a good night's sleep. The breakfast was the typical continental with waffles. The lobby and breakfast area could have been much cleaner. It could use additional, larger tables and it had a baseboard hanging off by our table. I think a remodel is in order. Also, there were several employees present but no one would clean off the breakfast counter or refill the food items. We did get a good price on our room with our discount so I guess that would be the largest positive for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is a little worn down. The couch and light shades in our room were rough looking with some holes, but were clean. TV is off centered in a wide view....can't fix via remote. Otherwise 9 mile straight shot to the beach, can't be beat. Staff is nice, but breakfast was a little rough because of them having only one full time staff member there to clean and fill. Finally the room door-lock kept giving us issues. Perfect for a weekend stay, or night. Bed was awesome!

• Stayed July 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Not up to par with other days inn. TV sound wasn't functional. Rather then fix, the staff moved me to another room. Hours later, the owner lady barges into my new hotel room without knocking and ask for me to explain why I needed a new room just because the TV didn't work. HOW AWFUL!! The new room didn't have a functional bathroom light. After I complain, the same RUDE owner lady accused me of breaking it. UNBELIEVABLE! Room was lacking enough towels, conditioner or lotion. COST CUTTING CHEAP POLICIES EVERYWHERE! Unless you want a soda from the soda machine...they have nothing. Their front desk reminded me of a convenience store in the bad part of town. Nothing to give you or even sell you. No sunscreen block, no pool towels, no choice, no nothing! The only nice thing to say is the maid staff were very nice. Horribly run front desk. Terrible organization. Check-in takes forever!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I booked this hotel because I wanted something fairly cheap to stay for a night. The reviews looked good upon booking so I chose this property. I checked in at 2:30am, and it was very strange. They close the lobby so only this small area is open. There was a guy in there seemingly taking forever and having some sort of issue. Theres no bell or anything to alert the staff someones there. It seems like the check-in person was frustrated by the guy prior to me. Check in was very fast but rushed. Then someone called the hotel asking to book a reservation and asking a million questions to the girl. I did feel bad for her as it wasnt her fault.

My room was very clean. Looks like the entire property just got renovated. I love the paint job. Bathroom area was super clean, water was VERY warm, and it had one of the best showers Ive ever taken. The water pressure was just fantastic. Wall mounted flat screen TV had plenty of channels to choose from. The wifi was a bot annoying. There was like 12 hotspots to chose from. The first 3 of them didnt work and never gave me a valid IP address. The 4th worked, and sent me to the login page, but the front desk never supplied me with the code. I had to call and ask. Once i was on the wifi, it was very good.

Bed and pillows were fine, nothing special. I didnt use the pool or have the breakfast. The ice machine was a total disaster. The ice dispenser worked but the drain didnt and there was water everywhere.

Overall, the room was clean, shower was great, but for $85 a night on a non-weekend day, thats a bit too much, esp when its not near the beach. Id stay again if the price was better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We headed to VA Beach for Memorial day weekend and had already reserved our room . After driving through the night and finally arriving at the hotel in the morning. We were told by the front desk staff that check in was not until 3:00pm and we couldn't check in . We proceeded to the beach and enjoyed ourselves then we headed back to check in at our hotel only to find Out that our reservation was cancelled because we did not check in by 3!!!! Remember I said we arrived in the morning and the idiots at the front desk didn't extend the courtesy to process us in the system so all we needed to do was get our key cards. And we were never told if we didn't check in my 3we would lose our reservations ! So after losing our reservations and not being accommodated with another room by the hotel we found ourselves without a room and no vacancies at the others hotels. Luckily, I have friends that live in the area and they were gracious enough to open their house to us for the night and luckily we found reservation at a motel across the street by the beach and it all worked out. Days inn is GHETTO!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012