“No Frills, Close, easy access to Farm Bureau Live”

Econo Lodge Town Center
Ranked #77 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This HOTEL is very close and is an easy drive to concerts at the Farm Bureau Live. It is located near 264 and not in a great neighborhood, but our stay was quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room seemed clean but retained a smell from the days when they must have allowed smoking in it. The A/C worked great. This is a no frills place to crash after the concert.

Room Tip: No room is better than the next unless you ask for one that's been remodled...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank John M
Vick P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

WE at EconoLodge do appreciate your feedback and will work our best to serve our customers better.
I will work harder in order to get a much better rating and better reviews from our beloved customers.

Thanking you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Town Center

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The room was small and dirty. The blankets were covered in hair...couldn't sleep with them. The bathroom looked like it had been remodeled but very poorly. The cleaning crew was amazing though. We asked for towels and it was extremely quick! The area was okay, however it did not seem extremely safe. Overall though it was okay for the price. I would only recommend if it is a last resort. Compared to the cost of others in the area it is much cheaper...you pay what you get for though...

• Stayed: July 2013

Thanks a lot for taking some time out from your busy schedule for writing a rewiew for us.
Your feedback does definitely help us in improving the guest satifaction standards and will surely act promptly on them.

Thanks a lot for considering us.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

front desk staff was very polite always went out of their way to make my stay excellent and housekeeping staff was very good to me always had my room clean, the lobby looks very nice now since the remodel. the Patels have work very hard to clean the hotel with all the remodeling looks very nice, front desk clerk tim is very knowledge about hotel business and knows the area very well for directions and very polite.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Vick P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. Yes! The lobby is looking fantastic.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My stay here was last-minute during a busy holiday weekend. Even though the lobby was under renovations, the night-time desk clerk was polite, patient and professional despite being very busy with many customers. I lucked out and was able to get a room as a walk-in - late at night.

I'm only giving an average rating - as I don't feel I can really give a full review - since I was only going to be sleeping there for a few hours and then checking out in the morning. On a plus note - I was accidentally slightly over-charged and the professional staff made the necessary adjustments!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Vick P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. I am pleased that my staff is complying with CHOICE and our guest expectations.

We look forward to accomodating you on your next visit.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

All of the renovations seem to be on the lobby instead of cleaning & improving the rooms. The gentleman that worked the evening shift was not very friendly. While the location is convenient, I will likely stay at another hotel next time. I have stayed here twice and have been disappointed both times. I came back because of the GM's reply to other reviews of a renovation but since it is only to the lobby, it does not apply to the poor room quality.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I appreciate your time and comments. We were focused on the lobby in hopes of having it done by Memorial Day. We all understand "first impressions" and are diligently trying to complete the renovations as quickly as possible. We have expanded our continental breakfast area with seating. We are actively returning focus back to the rooms, and eagerly listen to all constructive criticism.

Thanks again. They say "3rd times a charm"; looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to others as it is a great value with clean rooms. Front desk personnel were very accomodating and friendly. Location is in a fairly good neighborhood and I have virtually no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Vick P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you!! We are striving to make each and every guest as comfortable as can be. Looking forward to your next visit. Have a great day!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The only reason this place is so cheap is because it is gross. I don't expect much from a hotel so cheap, but this was a bit much. The room was made up but obviously not cleaned. There were hairs all over the pillows and bathtub and the sheets and pillow cases were stained. The room had a funny smell and the area is also extremely shady. The only thing this place is good for is cheap parties and hook ups, which I heard plenty of during a three day stay through the walls. I guess the location is good for one positive note, but unless you can't afford somewhere else, stay away from here!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank G T
Vick P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel. We are under new management, and complete renovations. Please allow us to make your next stay a more enjoyable one. Our staff has been reminded that our guests expect and deserve the best. We look forward to your next visit.