“Comforts of home away from home”

Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd.
Ranked #100 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Comforts of home away from home”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I had driven all night and even though the check in time was 3pm and it was 7am the staff was incredible and got me in my room. The room has a kitchenette with full size refridgerator, stove top, microwave, and toaster. My stay, though brief was one of the most pleasant that I have had in many stays with many different hotel chains. Again, the hospitality of the staff was exceptional and it does go to show how important customer service is!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd., responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Buckhannon, WV
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Giving this hotel a 1 star rating is being way too generous! While I was a guest at this hotel my engagement ring was stolen out of my room while I was at work by one of the housekeepers. I had other valuable possessions in my room including a laptop, a kindle, an ipod, and a nintendo ds. None of these were stolen since they're not easy to conceal like my engagement ring was. The door was shut and latched securely when I left the room the night before, which means someone who had a key was in my room. When my husband informed the manager she was not helpful at all, and copped an attitude with him. During that conversation one of the housekeepers was acting very nervous and fidgeting. When the police arrived she tried to leave the premises, supposedly on her " lunch break", but it was an hour after she clocked in. She was left alone while the police officer took our statement, which gave her plenty of time to stash the ring. When the police officer searched her, of course it was nowhere to be found. The way we were treated by the management of this hotel was absolutely unacceptable. The manager treated us like we were making it up, and did nothing at all to address the issue. We were the victims in this situation, yet we were treated like the guilty party. We are college educated, and professional people, what would we have to gain by lying about this? We did not ask for anything, just my ring back. So please do yourself a favor, if you value the safety of your life and your belongings DO NOT stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jessy P
ChristopherTM, Owner at Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd., responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Jessy,

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to personally apologize for your experience at our hotel. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority, and I offer my most sincere apologies that we did not deliver on that goal.

There are no words to express how sorry I am for the situation with your ring. While the investigation is left to the police, we certainly should have handled the situation with more sympathy and professionalism. I have discussed this with our staff and we will use your feedback to improve upon our service.

If you would like to discuss this further, please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would consider giving us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Ellijay, Georgia
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This is an average hotel. We were not told ahead of time that there was major renovations taking place. So, we were awakened to the sound of a jack hammer on a Sunday morning. However, we were awarded a free night's stay at any Extended Stay America within the next year. So, maybe it was worth it.

Room Tip: All rooms are approximately the same.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank back2school4good
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed October 28, 2010

This hotel has it all. Location, price, quality customer service, and most of all GOOD CLEAN ROOMS. The staff was very helpful with everything from checking in to getting directions to local attractions. I felt right at home.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jacmbrown
Va Beach Va
Reviewed September 1, 2010

There was black mold in the room: and they said they would move me never did : also had to pay for full house keeping and only got towels not sheets changed they charged me for it then said I only paid for refresher service yet when I checked in it was clean sheets fresh towels once a week and toilet paper shampoo etc refresher service was supposly included I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN STAY AWAY BLACK MOLD BLACK MOLD DO NOT RECCOMMEND IT NOT EVEN FOR MY RATS AND ROACHES

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
The beach
Reviewed October 14, 2008

I wanted somewhere to stay that was close to home but not home and this was a comfortable and perfect spot. The staff was cordial and the room was great. It was comfortable, clean and cozy. I was very satisfied.

• Liked — Location and Price
  • Disliked — My loud neighbors on the 2nd night.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2007

For a $60 per night rate I was suitably impressed with this place. I wasn't feeling particularly confident about my stay beforehand - I have rarely booked budget accommodation and I had never heard of this chain, and as I booked it through Hotwire I didn't know what I was getting until I'd got it (I can usually relatively successfully second guess the Hotwire hotel before I book, but on this occasion I guessed wrong).

The check-in was very smooth, the person behind the reception desk a bit gruff, but efficient, and when we got to our room, up on the 3rd (top) floor, it was sparkling clean, which was one of my main concerns. The room ws relatively new, with a queen bed, a comfy seat with foot rest, lots of draw space if you were staying a while and a kitchenette with fridge, freezer, microwave and 2 of everything like utensils and crockery and cups. There was a bag of coffee too.

As per another guests comments, do remember to take your own toiletries, as you will only find 2 bars of soap in the room.

There is a Macdonalds and a Wendy's well within 5 minutes walk, and I also saw a genral store over the road although it did look kind of run down and I didn't go in it.

On the down side, the air con was kind of noisy. I also noticed that most of the other clientel while we were there consisted of very young couples who spent lots of time kissing etc in the parking lot - I suppose that's what you get for accommodation of this price, but whether this bothers you will depend on the strength of your stomach! . There was a blown up condom bobbing around at the front of the lobby in the morning too - not so tasteful. but I guess it could just of easily have blown across from one of the other low-cost hotels and motels in this area.

• Liked — The price and the cleanliness
  • Disliked — The other guests
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends