“Good place to stay for the night.”

Motel 6 Virginia Beach
Ranked #86 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Traveling cross country, Stayed here for one night. It was an overall good experience, room was clean. Good parking if your towing anything. Staff was friendly. Other guests were quiet.I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We live down the block and needed a room for 2 nights while work at home was being done. This was during the off season, it was cheap and convenient.

We reserved and got a king smoking room. It smelled like a smoking room. (I brought a candle for that).

The bed was awesome (I have a bad back).

The room was very neat and clean. The furniture was all in good condition. The carpeting was nice. Our linens were fine. We didn't have a fride/microwave.

The bathroom was very clean. No surprises. The bathtub was old, but clean. The shower curtain looked new.

The grounds looked fine. The guests were pretty quiet. I expected there to be a lot of locals living there off season, but if they were, I didn't notice.

There was a wind storm first night. The room had no drafts and we barely heard the noise. The heater worked just fine.

I never got that "is there a camera in our room?" feeling.

The tv was fine, with no frills. Found it odd that it was an old tv, not a lcd tv. We don't watch cable, anyway.

We left the first morning and came back to a cleaned, replenished room. We had a call later to check if we needed anything.

Management seemed perfectly acceptable and friendly.

Cons: Perhaps because of the storm, we had a problem with our electronic door key. But, they reprogrammed and opened it for us immediately.

I paid for wi-fi and never got to use it. Couldn't connect. I was told that the system had to be rebooted or something to that effect- again possibly because of the storm. A refund was quickly offered.

The shower pressure sucked. We went home and got a better shower head. Not that fault of the hotel. It was one of those gentle rain heads, which I deplore. With our shower head, we were pelted with plenty of hot water.

In all honesty, I have paid a lot more for a lot less elsewhere. Maybe there was a change in management. If I had read the reviews before staying, we probably wouldn't have stayed, but I'm glad we did. It was perfectly acceptable. We didn't expect the taj ma hal and we didn't get it, but we did get 2 nights of great sleep and some nice, clean quiet time at a great price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luvingit23462
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Luckily we only stayed here for one night as the room was very dated, the paint was chipping off the walls and ceiling, the cover on the bed looked filthy and the room smelled very strongly of smoke despite it being a non-smoking room. We didn't actually ask to change rooms because it was late when we checked in and were tired after a long flight and decided to just deal with it. The location was good - very close to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights last month and we were comfortable enough. However, the first room we had did not have a working fridge or TV. We were moved on the second day to another room because of the mixup but we didn't get any compensation. At least the second room was odor free. The smell in the first room was not good.
The pool was very clean, however.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Owl70
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I came into town for a job interview and needed a room, I stayed here 4 years ago and it was a good stay no real complaints. Here we are July 17th 2012 and boy has this place changed! I booked a one person for one night with a king bed. Well I do have to say all but an old shower with ware, no real blanket on the bed and very low water presure the room it's self wasn't bad at all. The rest of the hotel was the pits, it looks nice from the outside but wow once you get inside. I had a " and the service desk staff told me" the 3rd floor was a completly NON SMOKING floor. well from the time I got off the urine smelling elevator I knew it was going to be bad. I used my room key to enter the door to my wing, as soon as I opened the door the smoke stinch hit me in the face. I walked the full lenth of the hall and it never stopped. I got to my room and housekeeping was next door and I asked the lady about it being a non smoking floor and she said is was supposded to be but what can they do. I opened my room door and walked inside and it was clean and smell free thank goodness because after 14 hours on the road I was to tired to find another place. The only thing I had to do was take the bed spred and put it next to the door to block the smoke smell from coming in underthe door. Wow next time I'll spend the extra money and stay at a better hotel, and now for the worst part. I was going out for dinner, left my room and was at the eleavator when this pretty girl came out to ride it down as well. She asked me a couple of little questions to find out if I was staying there and bottom line... she told me her room number and if I wanted a date or just have some fun for a while stop by or call her room. So yes,, yes there where HOOKERS staying here to. Thank god I had a good nights sleep and got the heck outa there!

Room Tip: Please pay a little extra and go to a better hotel ! trust me this is a sh&t hole!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Do not stay at this Motel 6! The staff was rude as hell and could care less about providing a good customer service. The room stink and microwave and frig was dirty. Non-smoking room are being used as smoking room. There seem to be alot of long staying guests. There was alot fighting at night and dogs barking. Not a friendly, family place!

I really wished that I had read this page before we stay here!

Room Tip: The best tip.....go to another Motel or Hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Anita B
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Its 5 pm and I sit here and room not cleaned. Housekeeping is down hall watching tv. Saw them in there. Management dsnt care. People off streets using pool. Again management could care less. Well as I write this review housekeeping shows up at door and dropped of towels and left. Didn't take dirty stuff or trash. NOW THATS SERVICE.

• Stayed: July 2012