“Love it!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond
“Love it!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have had yet another wonderful visit to this resort. The lazy river, Splash Kamp for kids, beautiful pools, and truly a serene and quiet part of VA Beach. Alll around, wonderful desitination. Staff is always very courtious and hospitalable. Manager Roberto seems to be of tenured experience and makes the stay that much more enjoyable. Can't wait to visit this property again. Well done Holiday Inn, well done.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view, can't really say there is a bad room in the place..... plus, with all...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Eric S
Roberto H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Eric S,

We pride ourselves on our customer service here at Holiday Inn North Beach so thank you for taking the time to write about how hospitable the staff is. We will be sharing this comment with our staff at the next all associate lunch. Thank you again and we are excited to hear we will have the pleasure to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Newport News
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Best time to visit Virginia Beach for a few days - Friday, Saturday, Sunday - we found that the drop in prices from weekday rates is phenomenal. The HRT transportation gets you anywhere you need to go - which is just about everywhere because there aren't many restaurants or shopping centres 15 minutes from the hotel. The hotel rooms are comfortable oceanfront. The breakfast is great at the greenery restaurant the staff is amazing in this hotel.

I will be back again!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jose H
Roberto H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Jose H,

We are happy to hear you had such a great time here in Virginia Beach at the Holiday Inn North Beach! Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review. We look forward to making your next stay just as comfortable and relaxing. Thank you again!
New Jersey
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We just walk in to this hotel with out reservation to explorer something different because I always stay at the Hilton hotels and trust me I change my mind and for now on I will stay at the Holiday Inn brand - the services and smile in this hotel is wonderful very friendly employee's.
My boyfriend was so happy with the attention of the staff, we went to the Italian restaurant to have our dinner and was awesome food you need to try if you stay at this hotel- this restaurant have dress code and they required reservation they only open from 5pm to 9pm.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rey D
Clayton, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Website and email confirmation states year round indoor pool -- beware of false advertisement. Attempted to contact Holiday Inn and received initial "Thank you for contacting us" email which statement my complaint was filled with Hotel and GM --- never heard anything from either.

Besides the above, hotel was nice. Quite location and great view. Again, buyer be ware.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Steve D
Roberto H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Steve D,

Thank you for the review. Our goal was to call every guest with a reservation to make them aware of our pool undergoing repairs currently. We apologize for failings to do so. We hope you will stay will us again should your travels bring you back.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and was really impressed throughout. The hotel is situated at one end of VB, well away from the more lively and noisy establishments. Efficient (and free) valet parking and reception experience followed by an upgrade to a suite for me being a Platinum Priority Club member. The car park is just over the road and we never had any problem getting a space.

Room was large, clean and looked out directly onto the ocean. Lovely.

We ate breakfast there all three days which although it got a little tiring it was the best local option. The hotel provides free breakfast for PC members and children under a certain age also eat free. I saw now end of very tall kids wearing 'free kids' wrist bands suggesting some parents may have forgotten how old their children actually were(!). The Blue Whale cafe bar also serves light meals at surprisingly reasonable prices.

Lastly, there are two pools and a small inside waterfall/lazy river pool. None of them a patch on the beach and ocean.

VB is not a place that would would command more than three days of my time but this hotel was certainly an excellent choice. Parking elsewhere in VB is tricky and expensive so this option is great. The walk down the promenade is nice but if you rent one of those 4 seat cycle things: beware - the appear may appear flat but it was sheer hell. Walk - its nicer and cheaper. There's a large shopping mall and cinema complex a short drive away.

Four tips.
Check your bill. Several phone calls made from/charged to our room when we were out.
Valet parking is free but I suspect he was responsible for a slight dent to our rental car. When I pointed it out he blushed profusely.
If you are eligible and want a late check out, get your request in early.
DO NOT try and get to the old lighthouse. It's surrounded by a military base but the SatNav doesn't know that. The guards on the gate were not impressed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank DisneyDave23
Dear DisneyDave23,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We are happy to hear you emjoyed your stay and we hope to be able to serve you again in the future!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were so excited to finally be going to the beach, albeit in the winter and thought we got a great deal on a very family friendly hotel. I was very disappointed when we got the call that the indoor pool was closed (which is why we decided this particular hotel) but we were upgraded from king ocean view to suite ocean view and were told we could use the indoor pool next door, so we stayed with this hotel. When we checked in we found out that the 'next door' pool was actually a few blocks down the road, so again disappointed. When we got to our room it was nice and we went straight out onto the balcony to find a big old dirty cup full of cigarette butts and water which had leaked out and stained the balcony. I called the room service and left a message to come and get it, they didn't. When we left for dinner that evening I mentioned it to the front counter who were very apologetic and called room service straight away and left an other message. By the time we came back from dinner I was back out on the balcony, cup still not removed, so left another message. Normally if something is out on the balcony I don't normally bother about it but I specifically got a room with a balcony because I knew I'd be out on it every chance I had this time. Anyway, left another message. The last straw was when I turned down the bed sheets to put our son to bed and noticed the inner sheets had a bit of dirt on them, I brushed it off thinking it was nothing but as I was brushing off, I noticed pubic hair :( This time hubby called front desk and was not happy. They got someone up in a flash to change the sheets of this one bed. When she got there we looked over the 2nd bed and noticed hardened candy stuck to this bed so she changed these sheets as well. Unfortunately after that, everything felt dirty, shower base had sand in it before we even went in and a couple of bits of garbage (bottle tops, ticket stubs) from previous guests found on the floor. The upside of this experience was the front desk staff were all lovely and if not for them, I'd have given a much lower score. Also the restaurant there 'Isle of Capri' (I think) was fantastic. Doubt we'll stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Luv2travel025
Roberto H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Luv2travel025,

We apoloqize for such a disappointing stay. We are reviewing this with our Housekeeping team. We are glad you enjoyed the Isle of Capri so much. Thank you for sharing your concerns.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I like staying on the north end of Va. Beach...it's a little quieter and relaxed. This hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. I had no problem calling the night before and arranging an early check in. After I made my reservation the staff was very thoughtful to call and let me know that the indoor pool was closed and offered the use of another pool at an adjacent hotel.

This was a weekend getaway for me and my boyfriend, and in retrospect I would not recommend this hotel as a "romantic" spot. The king room was tiny. Very tiny. And there was not bathtub, only a shower. That may not matter to everyone, but I'm a soaker and after a walk on the beach in January, I was looking forward to a warm bath.

The hotel is also very loud. We could hear a baby crying either above us, below us or beside us, for a couple hours. Anytime someone near our room closed a door, our room literally shook from the impact.

The balcony and view of the ocean was just perfect. Parking was easy and free. For people with kids, there was a movie theater on the ground floor, and there were snacks available 24.7 in the lobby for a small price.

This place is a good value, but if you are looking for a peaceful weekend, this is not the place for you. Check out the Cavalier for grown up stays!

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub, be sure to ask if your room has one before booking. also, I would spend the e...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Roberto H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Rkygrl,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear you appreciated our call to warn you of the indoor pool repairs. It was nice to hear you enjoyed your ocenafront room and our north end location. We are sorry to hear you were disturbed by a crying baby and we hope that we can serve you again in the future should your travels bring you back!