We stayed at the Holiday Inn North Beach July 2011. The hotel is located at the northern end of the boardwalk. You had the convenience of having the boardwalk right outside the hotel for taking a stroll or bike ride but it was about a 5 minute walk to get down to where the stores/restuarants start on the main drag in front of the hotel. There are Air Force/Navy jets (and often helicopters) flying over throughout the day and most of the early evening. I suppose some people might complain about the noise. My family thought this was AWESOME! The rooms were nicely decorated and we didn't notice anything that seemed unclean. Beds were comfortable with ample pillows. Elevator on the North side was always fast.
The breakfast buffet was delicious and a great value. (The price includes your drink with unlimited refills pop, coffee, orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, etc.) The buffet has waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, made to order omelletes or fried eggs, eggs benedict, corned beef hash, loads of fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, bagels, yogurt, etc. Kids 12 and under eat free as long as you eat inside the restaurant. This includes dining inside the Square Whale but does NOT include pool side ordering.
2 pools. The oceanside pool is very large with lots of seating. The front pool was smaller with some water slides and a small outdoor lazy river. This pool seemed perfect for those with smaller children. There is an indoor lazy river and hot tub but the chlorine levels are almost unbearable. The hotel also features a Kids Kamp area and a movie theater that showed I think 3 different movies daily. We didn't use any of those amenities but we checked them out and they seemed nice.
We would stay here again if we travel back to Virginia Beach. Several people have noted trouble with key cards not working. A note on the key cards....insert your key card into the door, press down with your thumb and slowly pull the card out. VOILA! Your card works.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Splash into 250,000 gallons of fun, enjoy a movie in our movie theater and relax on your private balcony. Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach guestrooms feature mini-refrigerator and microwave, flatscreen TV, iPod stations and free Internet. Splish Splash Lagoon features an outdoor lazy river & two 12-foot waterslides. Float down indoor Lay-Z-Rivah or lounge in the sun by the outdoor pool. For entertainment, enjoy activities for toddlers to tweens in seasonal kids Splash Kamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn And Suites North Beach
- Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn