Husband and I stayed at this hotel because it was where the wedding reception was being held.
On the morning of the wedding, DH and I decided to do a dry run to the church, as we were drying the mother of the groom a few hours later. When we got near the church, we noticed that traffic was very congested. When we returned to the hotel, I asked the clerk if I could borrow the phone book, as I suspected I had programmed in the wrong church. The female clerk was very kind and even offered to look up the address on her computer and to print out directions.
After the reception, I went to the hotel business center to print out my Southwest Boarding pass. The printers in the business center didn't work. The male and the desk clerk on duty told me he knew they didn't work, but he would not print my boarding pass on his computer -- said he was prohibited from doing that. Now, this was at 11:00 pm, not during a busy time. Hmm.
The hotel was easily accessible from the I-64. Check-in went quickly. Our room was very spacious. The bed was comfortable, but the sheets had pilling from having been washed too many times.The bathroom tub had a very heavy sliding shower door that continued to come off the tracks. It was a potential hazard. The sink was extremely shallow -- square and about two inches deep. One of those modern ones. It was impossible not to make a mess spilling water.
The electrical outlets were in odd locations. For example, the only mirror in the bedroom was no where near an electrical outlet, so I could not do my hair in the room while my husband occupied the bathroom. Our housekeeper was efficient and pleasant.
The AC system worked very well, and the curtains and black out shades were helpful.
The hotel did a fantastic job with the reception. The food was good, the ball room decorated nicely and hall kept at a good temperature,.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated within minutes of Norfolk International Airport, the beautiful beaches of Virginia Beach, the restaurants & shops of Virginia Beach Town Center, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center the Holiday Inn Executive Center in Norfolk/Virginia Beach is a perfect destination whether you are traveling for business, to a local sporting event, or for a family getaway. The Holiday Inn Virginia Beach/Norfolk is centrally located between Virginia Beach, downtown Norfolk, Chesapeake & Williamsburg providing convenient access to Government Bases such as Norfolk Naval Station, Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base, Fort Story, Oceana Naval Air Station, & Norfolk Naval Shipyard & local businesses such as Verizon, Sentara Leigh, Riverside Corporate Center & Amerigroup. Traveling for sports events? The hotel is located near the Princess Anne Athletic Complex, Hampton Roads Soccer Complex & the USA Field Hockey National Training Center. Looking for fun things to do? The friendly staff of the Holiday Inn Virginia Beach/Norfolk will provide you information and directions to close by attractions such as the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, Cape Henry Old Lighthouse, Norfolk Botanical Gardens, and the Chrysler Museum of Art. We feature 20,000 sq. Feet of flexible ballroom space perfect for your company meeting, family reunion, wedding or social event from 5 to 500 people. From our entire staff we look forward to your visit! **Hot Tub and indoor pool are currently Closed For Renovation updates to follow** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn