I stayed at the Holiday Inn Norfolk for just one night, sadly, but I would have much enjoyed staying longer.
The bathroom was sparkling and the bed was crisp and clean. The shower stall was lined with stone and the water pressure was great. The towels were soft and plentiful. My room overlooked the lobby from the fifth floor, which was a nice view and made for a very restful stay. With no external walls, it was quiet as could be. No traffic, street noise, or even airplanes overhead.
The room had a fridge and microwave, as well as a comfortable chair in the sitting area and a nice desk to work at. The bed was vast, and the air conditioner was surprisingly quiet (always a pet peeve of mine when the A/C in a "luxury" hotel sounds like a car running beside your bed).
I needed to print something out, which would have been fine to use their well appointed business center, except it was 158 pages and the desk manager politely said that was a little large, which I agreed to. I asked her where a nearby Kinko's was, and she printed me a google map to the place by the time I came downstairs. Very helpful and attentive. I was impressed.
The attached restaurant, where I had breakfast, was just as nice. The food was delicious, made to order, and very reasonably priced.
I checked out early as my trip ended sooner than I had thought, but I would have been happy to stay a lot longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated within minutes of Norfolk International Airport, the beautiful beaches of Virginia Beach, the restaurants & shops of Virginia Beach Town Center, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center the Holiday Inn Executive Center in Norfolk/Virginia Beach is a perfect destination whether you are traveling for business, to a local sporting event, or for a family getaway. The Holiday Inn Virginia Beach/Norfolk is centrally located between Virginia Beach, downtown Norfolk, Chesapeake & Williamsburg providing convenient access to Government Bases such as Norfolk Naval Station, Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base, Fort Story, Oceana Naval Air Station, & Norfolk Naval Shipyard & local businesses such as Verizon, Sentara Leigh, Riverside Corporate Center & Amerigroup. Traveling for sports events? The hotel is located near the Princess Anne Athletic Complex, Hampton Roads Soccer Complex & the USA Field Hockey National Training Center. Looking for fun things to do? The friendly staff of the Holiday Inn Virginia Beach/Norfolk will provide you information and directions to close by attractions such as the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, Cape Henry Old Lighthouse, Norfolk Botanical Gardens, and the Chrysler Museum of Art. We feature 20,000 sq. Feet of flexible ballroom space perfect for your company meeting, family reunion, wedding or social event from 5 to 500 people. From our entire staff we look forward to your visit! **Hot Tub and indoor pool are currently Closed For Renovation updates to follow** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn