“Great renovation, great value...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk

Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk
Ranked #45 of 111 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Tampa, Florida
“Great renovation, great value...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a couple of nights on business. Starting with friendly staff at check-in, this hotel impressed with its reasonably fresh renovation, overall cleanliness and a great mattress. Like most hotels, they could improve their overall bandwidth due to the number of users, but that is the only complaint I could have here.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank dlwsquared

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Little Rock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I was really surprised at the updates of this hotel!! Very nice and "beach like" decor, very modern lobby and very clean! The bed was surprisingly comfy, the location was close to the highway exits and it was quiet. Only con was parking... Difficult to find a spot when we arrived after dark and was only one back entrance that we saw... Make sure when you check in to ask about entrances so that you can park close. Otherwise I really liked it!! Especially the two person slate shower!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy D
Calvert City, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The rooms are very nice and the bed is very comfortable. The only problem with my room is that the 2 drawers would not close, if you closed them then they just opened again. I love the shower, very roomy and nice however no tub in the room. The TV is also very large and good stations.
I also utilized their meeting rooms and they were very nice. Everyone in the hotel and I do mean every employee greeted me. That is refreshing. The snacks for the meeting were very good, breakfast and afternoon. Also there was an adequate number of snacks provided without asking for more. We ate in the restaurant the first night and the bar the second night. Both were very good. Had a great deal at happy hour in the bar, Nachos and chicken wings were very good. The restaurants ribeye steak was cooked to perfection.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SuzieQEA
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just finished our 5th Annual Conference this week. This was the first time we used the Holiday Inn, but it won't be our last. The staff were all very accommodating from the front desk to the maids I have never felt so welcomed by a hotel. I would like to personally thank the sales manager Violet for going above and beyond for our group. Looking forward to coming back in 2013.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the suites they are fantastic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed overnight at this Holiday Inn, ocean view/pool view room with double queen beds. Beds were comfortable. I'd heard the Inn had been remodeled, and it showed. The room was very nicely appointed, with a nice balcony to watch the waves break and folks walking and biking. All staff members were pleasant and out-going. Stayed here for a family wedding, and the ceremony room (6th floor), the coctail space and reception hall on first floor were all very nice. Everything was clean and up to date. Other family members had the same opinion. Only complaint...just one bar of soap in the bathroom. I'd stay here again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jama1991
Hampshire, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I came to Virginia Beach to celebrate my 3 year anniversary with my boyfriend, as well as my birthday. My family also lives there, so I got to see them after years! It was awesome. The hotel was lovely! The lobby was really nice. I stayed in one of the king suites. I would definitely recommend staying in it. It's spacious and gorgeous! You will not be let down. The room was extremely clean. As soon as I walked in our room, my jaw drop. I was not expecting it to be that nice for such an affordable price, especially with the promotions available. Yes, it was like a 10 minute drive from the ocean, but it was well worth it. Didn't get a chance to check out the restaurants or pool because my boyfriend's in the Marines and we only had the weekend to see each other, so we were trying to do as many things as we could, especially since it was my first time being in Virginia Beach ever since I was a baby. I am definitely going to stay here again when I come back to Virginia Beach, which I definitely will. The service was amazing. My room was ready a few hours before even! Checked me in within a few minutes. Very friendly staff. I couldn't find my toothbrush or toothpaste, and they gave me some right away! I would definitely recommend going to a restaurant on the ocean or bay. That was one of the best weekends ever. Wish I could replay it over and over again. I think my boyfriend took some pictures; not sure if he still has them because he got a new phone a couple of months ago. If he does have them, I will definitely post them.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malorie W
Petersburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

When you walk in this hotel, it has a beautiful lobby but the entire hotel is beautiful and large. The drinks we were ordering from the bar was top shelf liquor & my husband didn't have to keep asking for top shelf either. The food at their Ashleys restaurant was good. They have a outside and inside pool which came in handy because it rain the weekend we were there but the kids still had fun at the inside pool. The staff were knowledgeable and polite. We had our meet & greet party in one of the hospitalality rooms and they gave us a small refrigerator to use, big cooler of free ice and a microwave to use. Beds comfortable, very nice room decor, they are an environmental go green hotel & have up to date exercise equipment. Long story short.... entire family enjoyed the weekend and we will always keep this hotel on our list to use again if we have our family reunion or just visiting in the Virginia Beach area.

Room Tip: If you need a handicap accessible room call the hotel so your request can be made directly with a st...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family