Local soccer tournament in the area the same weekend with lots of players and families staying at the hotel. As a Platinum Member, I used my points for our extended weekend getaway, based on the location to the local VA Beach activities, not wanting to be right in the mix of NOICE and KIDS.
Checked in Friday, was told by 1:00, but in reality, it was perceived that I was nagging - just going on what I was TOLD BY YOUR STAFF. We got in after 3:00 (I should have had them pay by salary wages for my time spent waiting!
Room was normal, faced the parking lot and had a LOUD door when opening or closing. What a LOUD weekend we had. Multiple kids running back and forth, banging into the walls, screaming,, etc., at all hours of the night (Thanks mom/dads, staff). Called both Friday and Sat night to complain...was once told "they're just kids." Well, I'm a Platinum Member who's looking forward to going back to Marriott. Really?! Who cares about the Cafe morning service, who was NEVER READY with Hot Bagel/Egg Sandwiches at 6:20 am (should mention they OPEN at 6:00 am. Way to leave me and my family hungry when we have to leave at 6:30 am. WHAT A WASTE of time and energy. When I did use my $10.00 Coupon, I only wanted a cup of coffee and it was out, and the service member working was not able to maintain the basics. Sunday we took our money to McDonalds nearby. WAY disappointed in this Holiday Inn. Ate at the restaurant on Monday...$40.00 dollars for a buffet which lacked attention, taste, and service. And what's with the lack of complimentary breakfast; fake eggs, biscuits, toast, fruit, and coffee??? Way too take it to the next level lower.
Both pools in mid Aug were COLD, filthy, and been overrun by soccer kids. Outdoor pool was fine, but became a joke, as about 10-15 kids just started running, jumping, tossing things in and around the pool. The indoor pool had floating debris and felt like it was in need of a major PH balance. Whirlpool had another young team of players in it and was jumping from the whirlpool into the pool and back and forth... The sauna...looked like it has been under repair for a very long time...well, the hot shower water will do:(
All in all, I'd rather stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Chesapeake or go to a nearby Marriott. I'LL NEVER EVER STAY AT THIS PLACE EVER AGAIN. I'll be calling corporate about a refund of my points, or I'm rolling to Marriott for all my business travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated within minutes of Norfolk International Airport, the beautiful beaches of Virginia Beach, the restaurants & shops of Virginia Beach Town Center, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center the Holiday Inn Executive Center in Norfolk/Virginia Beach is a perfect destination whether you are traveling for business, to a local sporting event, or for a family getaway. The Holiday Inn Virginia Beach/Norfolk is centrally located between Virginia Beach, downtown Norfolk, Chesapeake & Williamsburg providing convenient access to Government Bases such as Norfolk Naval Station, Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base, Fort Story, Oceana Naval Air Station, & Norfolk Naval Shipyard & local businesses such as Verizon, Sentara Leigh, Riverside Corporate Center & Amerigroup. Traveling for sports events? The hotel is located near the Princess Anne Athletic Complex, Hampton Roads Soccer Complex & the USA Field Hockey National Training Center. Looking for fun things to do? The friendly staff of the Holiday Inn Virginia Beach/Norfolk will provide you information and directions to close by attractions such as the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, Cape Henry Old Lighthouse, Norfolk Botanical Gardens, and the Chrysler Museum of Art. We feature 20,000 sq. Feet of flexible ballroom space perfect for your company meeting, family reunion, wedding or social event from 5 to 500 people. From our entire staff we look forward to your visit! **Hot Tub and indoor pool are currently Closed For Renovation updates to follow** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn