See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Staff here is very friendly. Hotel is conveniently located off the interstate. For the price the rooms are clean and in good shape, would give this place 3 stars. If you are in the area and need a good place to cheap for a good price, this place is worth checking out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
S C, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you very much for telling us how much you enjoyed the hotel. It is our goal to try to keep our prices as low as possible and also give you a great value. Again, please accept my sincere thanks and we look forward for your return when you are in the area.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel, the staff was great and friendly, but they failed to tell us where the rooms are, so we had to walk around the area for a while. We checked in to a non-smoking room but when we entered the room it smelled like smoke! We complained about it immediately but the only solution they gave was an air freshener. The inside of the bed sheets looked like they weren't changed at all, we even saw some dirt and hair on it. The "free" breakfast was disappointing. The area was too small that we had to eat quickly so that the others can eat that were standing.

We would recommend you to stay for the a night, but not more than. The area was great. It was close to the beach, some attractions, and dining places. If you are traveling with kids, we don't recommend staying here, especially if they have asthma, the allergies will act up.

Room Tip: Choose to stay on the 2nd floor! You would probably sleep better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Please accept my sincere apologies for any difficulties you experienced. The rooms are checked daily and we reassure you the room did not smell like smoke when the room was checked. Unfortunately, since our hotel property is not all non-smoking, sometimes the smoke from the air may get in the non-smoking rooms. We take allergies and asthma very seriously and we have a machine that cleans the room of any odors or bacteria in the air. As far as the sheets that were not clean and the breakfast being disappointed we do apologize, we try our best to exceed our guest expectations. Again, I apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience and wish that you get in contact with the hotel to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I went to VA beach this past weekend as a get away for a few days. I went on this vaca to relax and have a stress free environment to only find that this "hotel" was definitely NOT a good get away. This room was filthy, the sheets on the bed were dirty, the bathroom looked like it was not cleaned for years. The TV was outdated and the floors had stains on them. I do not recommend this motel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank none n
S C, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

On behalf of Magnuson Hotel, I apologize for the unacceptable quality of service that was provided to you. We take pride in offering the highest level of service to our customers and wish we had address these issues sooner. We are working diligently to make upgrades throughout the hotel and sorry that all the amenities were not up to date. Feel free to get in touch with the Hotel to discuss this matter further. Thank you for taking the time out to express your issues with the Magnuson Hotel and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is now my second time staying at this particular hotel and its ideal for me. Close to dining and major interstates. They were very willing to accommodate my request for a room change to fit my needs and have been always clean and welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay each and every time you have stayed here. We try our best to make sure that our customers are happy and do feel welcomed. You should always be satisfied when you are spending your money. We hope to see you again soon and think you for the gracious comments about the Magnuson Hotel.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a good hotel if you are looking to save some money and not spend a lot of time at the hotel. The staff had a tendency to be surly, but that's not a problem if you're like me and don't spend a lot of time in the lobby. But the room was clean and comfortable, and the free wifi was definitely a plus.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
S C, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

I like to thank you for taking the time out to let us know about any issues concerning the hotel. I apologize that our staff was not acting in a professional manner. Our number one priority is to provide great customer service and we have failed you. I am glad on the other hand that you were comfortable in your room and that you enjoyed the WIFI. We are periodically making changes towards the hotel and hope that you will come back and let us make your stay more enjoyable.