See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed there last friday as a last minute stop. The people at the check in desk were friendly and helpful. The room served the purpose but that was about it. I assumed that there would be basic toiletries but there was nothing more then 2 travel size bars of soap. The bathroom door rubbed on the ground so to shut it you had to push pretty hard to get it to close. They have a simple breakfast in the morning which is nice. It was good for a short stay but would not recommend it for an extended stay. I would stay there again

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my boyfriend, and we were treated wonderfully! The front desk assistant was extremely helpful in answering any questions we had. The room was clean, well put together, nice furniture, jacuzzi and all! So close to everything and easy to checkout. Its nice to come to a hotel with staff who are so willing to go out of their way to help with whatever we needed. Great stay, great staff, great hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
S C, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

We are so delighted to hear that you received a great value at a great price. We continue to try our hardest to accommodate our guest and hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Magnuson in Virginia Beach. My family and I slept at the hotel and went out on the town for entertainment. The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were very comfortable. I was told that the hotel is in the process of renovations and improvements, but we would not have been aware of this if not told. There seemed to be a lot of younger people (20's) staying there at the time, but there were no disturbances, and all the patrons were very kind and courteous. The hotel offers a continental breakfast of which we only took part of on the last day. The breakfast area is very small but clean, offering waffles, cereal, muffins, coffee, tea etc... I was told there are plans to build a large sit down and eat area for this purpose. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay, and the employees were kind, helpful and accomadating.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower level facing pool give easier access to front desk.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carmen B
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I lost my base in Raleigh and got relocated to the Norfolk Airport with my airline and I must say the location is great I have everything I need walking distance. Even if is not a gated hotel the area is fairly secure and I have never had a problem. Torie, Sunny and the rest of the staff work hard to make it the best experience possible for you and will go out of their way to make sure you have a great stay. The rooms vary, but so far no complaints at all. The hotel rooms were just recently renovated and me traveling all over the world I can say that the rooms are a great value, and to me most importantly is that they are clean, and secure for a good price. I enjoy my stay every time and will continue to stay with them and spread the word to my fellow pilots. They will soon have a van service on request for the airport. Also a free breakfast in the mornings doesn't hurt at all, keep up the good work!
A.C.
US Airways Express Carrier

Room Tip: Upper rooms have less noise and also no illumination from the vehicles parking in front of the room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

our stay was awsome just think the hotel needs a hot tub and bigger pool the stufff was very nice to us and we will return in furture.we liked how rooms were side by side.torie was very helpful and was good about giveing us towels and thing that we needed

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family