See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Magnuson in Virginia Beach. My family and I slept at the hotel and went out on the town for entertainment. The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were very comfortable. I was told that the hotel is in the process of renovations and improvements, but we would not have been aware of this if not told. There seemed to be a lot of younger people (20's) staying there at the time, but there were no disturbances, and all the patrons were very kind and courteous. The hotel offers a continental breakfast of which we only took part of on the last day. The breakfast area is very small but clean, offering waffles, cereal, muffins, coffee, tea etc... I was told there are plans to build a large sit down and eat area for this purpose. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay, and the employees were kind, helpful and accomadating.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower level facing pool give easier access to front desk.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carmen B
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I lost my base in Raleigh and got relocated to the Norfolk Airport with my airline and I must say the location is great I have everything I need walking distance. Even if is not a gated hotel the area is fairly secure and I have never had a problem. Torie, Sunny and the rest of the staff work hard to make it the best experience possible for you and will go out of their way to make sure you have a great stay. The rooms vary, but so far no complaints at all. The hotel rooms were just recently renovated and me traveling all over the world I can say that the rooms are a great value, and to me most importantly is that they are clean, and secure for a good price. I enjoy my stay every time and will continue to stay with them and spread the word to my fellow pilots. They will soon have a van service on request for the airport. Also a free breakfast in the mornings doesn't hurt at all, keep up the good work!
A.C.
US Airways Express Carrier

Room Tip: Upper rooms have less noise and also no illumination from the vehicles parking in front of the room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

our stay was awsome just think the hotel needs a hot tub and bigger pool the stufff was very nice to us and we will return in furture.we liked how rooms were side by side.torie was very helpful and was good about giveing us towels and thing that we needed

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night, between Busch Gardens and Virginia Beach. The hotel is dated, but our room was very clean. The carpet seemed to be new. There was a strong smell of room freshener, but that faded rather quickly. It was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave. The room was quiet, and we didn't hear any outside noise. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. All in all, a good value for one night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My daugher and I was on vacation July 16-18, 2012. we had a bad experience at the hotel we had already booked. So we checked out of that one and went down the street and we found Magnuson Hotel, Virginia Beach, Va. I told the manager our experience we had down the street from him . He gave me the key and ask me to go and look at the room. The room was great. So we stayed at the Magnuson hotel. All of the staff was just great. The manager couldn't have been any nicer. The next time I'm in virginia Beach I will stay at the Magnuson Hotel.

Room Tip: The only thing I can add the service was exellent.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family