Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$310
$284
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$171
ComfortSuites
$297
$259
$245
$225
Country Inn
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$215
$170
$297
$269
GardenInn.com
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$245
  • Pool
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$225
  • Pool
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
$108
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is one of the cheapest hotels in Norfolk, and from first entering I was expecting a really low budget hotel. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I found myself entering a spacious room with microwave, fridge, and our King size bed. I'd been to a hotel in the area for double the price and it had twice as much room. They have an on-site restaurant which has great service, and is really close to other great restaurants (the Chinese buffet across the street is GREAT). We had one night where our room keys didn't work but we just went up to the desk and they fixed it, in less than 2 minutes. I've had no problems with the bathrooms, and there are plenty of places to put your stuff. It's also a great bed and just really pleased that you can get this much for so little! Internet service was also great and staff has been pleasant. I would recommend it, especially if you can get military discount.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dearjamie26
S C, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

It is our obligation to make sure the duration of our clients visit is nothing less than respectful, appreciated & satisfactory & we are glad you experienced all of that with us. We are grateful for your generous words...thank you.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Unbelievable for such a low rate. Family stayed for 2 weeks! Nice clean rooms,friendly housekeepers and beautiful pool! i was very surprised and happy...Thanks to the management..Will visit again while in VB

Room Tip: Ask for daily rooms or rooms by the pool also has a great bar...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pookiebear1970

Thank you! We welcome any future visits and look forward to servicing you again.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

I recently stayed at your hotel in Norfolk, VA. As a frequent travel this is the second worst stay of my life. I paid cash up front for a five day stay and was assured there would be no problem getting refunded the remaining balance if I checked out early. I requested a nonsmoking room as close to the office as possible to ensure I had a good Internet connection. I was assigned room 101. The room definitely had a smoker in it previously and the room smelled bad. The Internet was inaccessible even after three complaints to the staff. The shower water would not drain normally and was extremely slow with previous tenant’s hair and debris surfacing as it backed up. It was very disgusting. I had just traveled 24 hours on a plane from East Asia and was very jetlagged and tired. The next day I resumed the complaints of the Internet to no avail. That evening I decided to move hotels prior to taking dealing with the plumbing issues again. I was very shocked to have gotten resistance from the Hotel Manager in moving. He insisted that eh send someone to the room and see if they can fix the plumbing. I reinstated my displeasure in the smell and Internet access. He continued to debate this with me and we volleyed back and forth my request to change rooms and his insistence in fixing the problems in the room. The hotel was not book full and there was plenty of room throughout the hotel. I expressed that these plumbing problems weren’t going to get fixed quickly and I did not want to be endure being bothered with a maintenance crew in my room until this was fixed and it still doesn’t negate the fact the Internet does not work and the room smells. The conversation became escalated and shouting began as I insisted that he fix the problems with that room after he moved me to another. He continued to resist but conceded to moving me any after I continued to protest his reasoning and refusal to accommodate a paying customer. The next room did not have access to the Internet either and the water drained slowly. I decided I was going to check out completely and move to another hotel. He initially refused to refund my money and went to check the internet himself and run the water in the tub. He came back and wanted to argue with me on the standard of the drains as if that’s common for this area of Virginia. I explained to him that I had lived here a few years ago and it is not! The water would pool up around your ankles within a minute. I explained to him again that I wanted my money back and did not care to discuss his responsibilities as a manager. He questioned why I took so long to report the smell of the room and the Internet, which was on the second day, implying that my delay did not qualify me for a refund. I became very angry and explained to him loudly, as if I needed to even do so, that I just traveled from the other side of the world and my sleep schedule hasn’t adjusted so I slept most of the day on the second day. I also explained to him that he need not question my timeliness in reporting and that he as the manager has the responsibility to stay on top of these issues as I am sure they didn’t just happen before I showed up and I am not the only one who can’t get on the Internet. He continued to argue with me to my surprise and made a comment using the term “You people”, I’m not sure what he was referring to; that I was white, in the military, or American. I went next door to the Best Western where the Internet worked in the room, the room had no odor, and the water drained as it should. I will never stay at another chain or affiliate of this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Brian S

We regret & apologize your stay with us was unlikable. We take these matters seriously & acknowledge negative feedback only to better our facility to ensure these occurrences never happen again. Please feel free to give us a call to discuss these issues in more details & to resolve any hostile feelings. We appreciate your stay with us and respect your opinions….thank you.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have never been afraid of a hotel stay, but I am now. This was the worst hotel stay ever. The two chairs in my room were wet and ditry and the room had a strong bleach smell. I don't think the carpet was ever vacuumed.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, only choose a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cidney V
S C, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2012

Truly disappointed to hear your stay with us was unhappy. Our customer’s views & opinions are what fuel us to become a better organization and for that we thank you. On that note, we would appreciate a call from you to discuss the specs of the room and to ensure this never happens again...thank you.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

We were checking into the Magnuson and we were informed that only one room was reserved for us when we had reserved 2 rooms. After approximately 1/2 hr, another room was located. When we went to take our belongings to the hotel rooms, the first room had been oversprayed with something with a horrible smell, and the second room was not even cleaned up from the previous occupants....and it was nearly 4pm! We went to the front desk and informed the clerk that we would not be able to stay in either of these filthy rooms. She was kind and offered an upgrade, but we decided that it was best to get out of there.
We were in town to spend time with our daughter who had just returned from being deployed for 6 months with the Navy, so our time was very precious to us. We were extremely disappointed with the Magnuson. We would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone until they seriously clean up their act.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Bernieandfred_11

We express regret during your visit with us & apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you and your family. Currently we are undergoing renovations to better meet the needs of our clients & hope you will choose to visit us again. Thank you for taking out the time to provide your feedback.