“Newly Renovated - Pleasantly Surprised!”

Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach
Ranked #103 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Washington, DC
Reviewed April 22, 2006

First, let me say that I have not stayed in this hotel, however, as a travel agent, I was invited by the staff to do a complete walk-through of the property before selecting a hotel for a Virginia Beach event we are planning this Summer. After reviewing the pictures and seeing other reviews, we had decided not visit the property. But after the other properties showed significant signs of beach wear and tear, we decided to give the Quality Inn Pavillion a shot. I WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!!! They are currently in the midst of a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR RENOVATION and the property looks really good. Nothing like the pictures above. All of the rooms have been renovated and they are almost done with the landscaping and exterior renovations. The rooms have all new furniture and soft goods and new carpet. The bathrooms have very nice granite showers inside. I was really impressed as I wasn't expecting this from a Quality Inn. And SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!! They have suites too! I couldn't believe it. The one and two bedroom suites come complete with full kitchens and living areas. The bathrooms in the suites are HUGE with jacuzzi like, marble bathtubs in some of them. My favorite was the one bedroom suite with the outter terrace, marble bathroom, and yes... a King Size Cherry Wood Sleigh Bed! If you're attending an event at the convention center, this is definitely the place to stay if you're looking for a clean, budget-friendly property. Don't get me wrong, it's not the Ritz Carlton, but for a Quality Inn, I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed March 26, 2006

I never stayed at this hotel. I was told by my friends that it was in a bad section of town, opened to the outside (with young girls in tow I don't feel that it is safe opening to the outside), and the hotel was poorly maintained. I chose to change my stay based on my friend's advice. I cancelled my reservation at 11PM Friday night before I was to arrive on Sat with a couple of 16 year old girls for a basketball tournament. I was told I could not cancel without a charge to my VISA card, and that the cancellation policy for the block of rooms was 72 hours. I checked with our team manager who originally held the rooms and she was not told of any 72 hour policy. There was never a signed contract to hold rooms, and when I gave my Visa number to confirm it 10 days prior - I was not told then that there was a 72 hour cancellation period. In fact less than 72 hours when I found out we were not playing until Sat AM and I didn't need to stay Friday night I called and cancelled Friday night no problem. that was Wed - less than 72 hours from Friday. The customer service was horrible - they charged my Visa and they were rude to boot. I will never stay there and I am writing the Va beach bball league to ask them never to patronazie this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2006
Reviewed September 25, 2005

Is there anyone here (at the lobby)???

I stayed at this place for one week, and i must say this place was as close as you can get to a disaster. First the room i rented had a broken air condition, okay i had to ask for another room at the lobby. Then at night they had these projector lights out in the parking lot that went right through the curtains couldn't get much sleep unless i turned away from the window... Then the forth day there was a teenage party that lasted all night, and when i finally went down to the lobby, there was nobody there to help so i had to call the police...I don't know about you but if you want Quality you better also be ready for trouble...Price was good, bed was well made and room was clean.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank ophersphoto
Reviewed August 29, 2005

For short trip with my husband, we ended up at Quality Inn Pavilion for 1 night stay. This hotel is 5 long blocks away from the ocean so I recommend driving to beach with few dollars for public parking. I got this motel since I was looking for hotel at last minute and price couldn't be bit. They were having special for $85 in peak season. I was bit disappointed at first since we got a rear room on 1st floor but seeing people hanging out on the rail at night on above floors, I was glad that we got the bottom floor. Inside the room was spacious with updated bathroom. I am used to staying at better hotels but in this case, I simply got what I paid for. It will make a better stay if they can improve the outer appearance.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank EY
Orlando, FL
Reviewed August 19, 2005

We checked in and out within 15 minutes! The front office looked fine. We checked in-2 women and 2 young children. We were directed to the rear of the complex. What we found was astounding! Families were living in this hotel. A small child about 2, followed us to our room--no adult was even watching her. People were hanging off the railings and socializing. We were definitely in the ghetto. As soon as we entered our room, we noticed that there was no chain or other security-type lock on the door.
We also noted that a group of young men had collected around our car and were trying to view the contents.
I complained to the management who then told me there was a 3-day in advance cancellation policy (we had made the reservation that morning). I checked out immediately, but was billed the full amount for my room.
NEVER a "Quality" Inn again.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 15, 2005

This was the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in in my life. You couldn't pay me to stay there again. Pillows had drool stains, hardly any toilet paper at all, ants, and worst of all, the general manager was the rudest person I have ever met in my entire life. I am in the process of filing a major complaint.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, illinois
Reviewed August 8, 2005

Very good place to stay, my wife and 2 kids stayed there for our family vaction. It was great! I was a little skeptical because of a couple of reviews, but it was very nice. Every hotel had its ups and downs, but overall great hotel.!

• Stayed: July 2005