“Do not stay here”

Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach
Ranked #94 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Do not stay here”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We drove here all the way from CA with two little ones. The military told us to stay here since navy lodging was full. So we pulled up and first thing we heard was police car sirens. The rooms were very old fashioned. The sheets seemed clean but the whole night I was worried about bed bugs. The next day my hubby had a rash on his hip and I was itchy all over. It was a horrible experience. Do not stay here no matter what! Sleeping in your car would be better!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank mommytotwoabc
QualityPavilion154, Manager at Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review & Contents duly noted.

I am sorry that you were not satisfied during your stay & i would wish if you can call me to address the issue on 757-422-3617 & get some more information. The Management & the Staff of Quality Inn Pavilion would like to reassure you of Comfortable Stay & Service.

We would love to have you back at this Hotel, Once again thanking you & hope to see you soon

With Sincere apology on behalf of the hotel,

Bhavesh Rawal
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We come to Virginia Beach every year for the Shamrock Marathon and we have a dog. This place not only allows dogs but gives away biscuits on check in to your pampered pooch! The location is great to down town and we walked there as a family(the four year old walked it as well to tell you how close it is to down town) after picking up our racing packets which you can do RIGHT next door! We will be staying here every year!

There is a microwave and fridge in the room. Also an iron and ironing board. It is clean and very well presented. The manager called us personally after checking in to make sure that everything was to our liking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Danita34
QualityPavilion154, General Manager at Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for submitting a review of your recent stay at this hotel. The Staff & the management of this hotel are humbled by your review and also glad you had a great stay with your pet.
Once again thank you very much for considering to stay here again at this hotel.

With Warm Regards on behalf of the staff & the Management,

Bhavesh Rawal
Operations Manager
Junction City, Kansas, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our stay was not the best for a Quality Inn hotel after being in other Quality Inns in the past. The room was nothing more then if we had stayed in motel six at a lesser price. There really was no breakfast to attend in the morning and what was there had bugs around even in the bread ban, so you can guess we left without eating. I can understand being close to the beach brings much income, but where does quality of service become less? I would not recommend someone to stay at this Quality Inn if they are looking for more then a beach location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
North Collins, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was so very disappointed. The location was okay, not great.

The service and cleanliness was not good. The front desk informed me of an additonal charge for early arrival (even though I was told my room was ready and cleaned). I was also informed and a business card indicated a $35 taxi ride back to the airport - it cost me more that $60 as the meter kept running.

Breakfast was absolutely terrible. There was no selection, no variety and it was so limited I paid to get breakfast the next morning.

I would not stay there if I am in the area ever again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ellen B

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

As you come off the I-264 Interstate it becomes 21st Street and the beginning of the resort strip entrance. The Quality Inn is the very first hotel. It serves the proximity of the Convention Center next door and the beach is 4 minutes down 21st St. Typical shoebox hotel that charges based on the beach season and higher weekend rates. Small to mid-size room with comfortable beds but dated. As this location is off the main strip, the price points are lower which in turn brings the very young and rowdy. Acoustics of the balcony walkways makes it seem like everyone's conversation is at your door - at all hours. A huge disappointment came in the form of a $10 surcharge for a second vehicle parking pass - guys, we're off-season and 10 cars were in the lot. This is a hard environment because so many hotels are the same in structure but if you research well enough in this beach area, you'll be better served else where.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Several of us booked rooms here because of the proximity of the Convention Center. (many of us ran the Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon, and that's where it starts). A LONG walk back from the beach, especially if it's hot and humid (it was). There are very few other things any where near this hotel (restaurants or bars). There is free parking for the hotel guests, which is a plus I guess. The rooms are extremely average; outdated, and had a bit of a moldy smell. The beds were comfortable enough. I never saw any bugs. There is a small refrigerator in the room, which was extremely cold (froze the water bottles!), until we figured out how to turn it down. There is also a small microwave which worked fine.
The pool looked very clean (although we did not use it)
The breakfast is a joke! Better to have a breakfast bar in your room (no a/c in the breakfast area, and there is hardly any food)
For what you get, this hotel is way overpriced. I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone unless you really need to be near the Convention Center.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank hmcrn2
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My sister and I booked a room on August 27th while on a cross-country trip with her 3 month old. I made an initial search of the room and was a little perturbed by a number of dried, washed blood splotches on the linen and a stale, sweet smell emanating from one of bedframe. Against my better judgment, I gave the all clear. 80 minutes later I decided to search again and found an early stage nymph on the corner of the other bedframe. I took the specimen to the front desk, canceled our reservation and we immediately packed up and vacated. My sister was told she would have to return when the manager was on duty to get a refund. The next day the manager insisted they sprayed once a month, said she should have taken a picture and refused to give her a refund. If you are considering this inn, my advice is to STAY AWAY.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family