“Below Standard”

Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach
Ranked #103 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our stay was not the best for a Quality Inn hotel after being in other Quality Inns in the past. The room was nothing more then if we had stayed in motel six at a lesser price. There really was no breakfast to attend in the morning and what was there had bugs around even in the bread ban, so you can guess we left without eating. I can understand being close to the beach brings much income, but where does quality of service become less? I would not recommend someone to stay at this Quality Inn if they are looking for more then a beach location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was so very disappointed. The location was okay, not great.

The service and cleanliness was not good. The front desk informed me of an additonal charge for early arrival (even though I was told my room was ready and cleaned). I was also informed and a business card indicated a $35 taxi ride back to the airport - it cost me more that $60 as the meter kept running.

Breakfast was absolutely terrible. There was no selection, no variety and it was so limited I paid to get breakfast the next morning.

I would not stay there if I am in the area ever again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ellen B
Reviewed September 16, 2012

As you come off the I-264 Interstate it becomes 21st Street and the beginning of the resort strip entrance. The Quality Inn is the very first hotel. It serves the proximity of the Convention Center next door and the beach is 4 minutes down 21st St. Typical shoebox hotel that charges based on the beach season and higher weekend rates. Small to mid-size room with comfortable beds but dated. As this location is off the main strip, the price points are lower which in turn brings the very young and rowdy. Acoustics of the balcony walkways makes it seem like everyone's conversation is at your door - at all hours. A huge disappointment came in the form of a $10 surcharge for a second vehicle parking pass - guys, we're off-season and 10 cars were in the lot. This is a hard environment because so many hotels are the same in structure but if you research well enough in this beach area, you'll be better served else where.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Several of us booked rooms here because of the proximity of the Convention Center. (many of us ran the Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon, and that's where it starts). A LONG walk back from the beach, especially if it's hot and humid (it was). There are very few other things any where near this hotel (restaurants or bars). There is free parking for the hotel guests, which is a plus I guess. The rooms are extremely average; outdated, and had a bit of a moldy smell. The beds were comfortable enough. I never saw any bugs. There is a small refrigerator in the room, which was extremely cold (froze the water bottles!), until we figured out how to turn it down. There is also a small microwave which worked fine.
The pool looked very clean (although we did not use it)
The breakfast is a joke! Better to have a breakfast bar in your room (no a/c in the breakfast area, and there is hardly any food)
For what you get, this hotel is way overpriced. I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone unless you really need to be near the Convention Center.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hmcrn2
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My sister and I booked a room on August 27th while on a cross-country trip with her 3 month old. I made an initial search of the room and was a little perturbed by a number of dried, washed blood splotches on the linen and a stale, sweet smell emanating from one of bedframe. Against my better judgment, I gave the all clear. 80 minutes later I decided to search again and found an early stage nymph on the corner of the other bedframe. I took the specimen to the front desk, canceled our reservation and we immediately packed up and vacated. My sister was told she would have to return when the manager was on duty to get a refund. The next day the manager insisted they sprayed once a month, said she should have taken a picture and refused to give her a refund. If you are considering this inn, my advice is to STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Eric592
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel was 15 mins walk to the beach, I guess that is the reason for the price, because it was an old hotel,big rooms with confortable beds, but very poor breakfast, a clean swimming pool. they didn't clean the room during my stay (I saty 4 nights), Is OK if you want a place to sleep, and spend your days at the beach

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Isamira
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here for a few days because we had dance competition across the street at the convention. It was accomodating becuase of location but, I wouldn't have stayed here for a vacation with the family. It's outdated and expensive for what your getting.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family