“Beyond human understanding”

Ranked #106 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Traviata
“Beyond human understanding”
Reviewed June 21, 2007

Do not ever go to this hotel! We had not even been there, but the receptionist was inhumanly rude and aggressive when we were trying to make a reservation, and that is over the phone!!! It is not that if I would go there and start giving them hard times etc, it was a mere attempt to book a room! I do not know what kind of management would hire a person obviously culturally challenged, should be someone of the same level. Dreaded to even think about the service there, I would better pay 20 dollars more to stay in another place where my vacation would not be ruined. Apparently having such a person on reservation is beyond human understanding. That is a suicide.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Traviata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2007

Where to start? This is the second time I unfortunately stayed at this hotel. If I knew that is where my Priceline booking would have been, I would not have booked it. The first time, the hotel was under the Ramada brand. It was dirty, noisy, and my family did not feel safe, there was also a rat in the pool (which perched on the railing and starred at my mother!)

Well seeing that the name had changed, I was optimistic that the quality may have as well (particularly since a number of the hotels in the area - Best Western especially, are clean and comfortable.) As soon as I checked in, it was the same old story.
-Dirty
-Phone in room did not work.
-Very large cigarette burns on the bedspread.
-Dirty sheets.
-No blanket, only bedspread.
-Found a condom on the lamp by the bed when I reached over to turn it off.
-Child's toy under bed, that looked like it had been there for some time.
-Noisy, like the place was inhabited by nocturnal inmates (everyone came out at night) and the cops even showed up.
-Tooth pick and a bottle of some type of lubricant behind nightstand in an OBVIOUS location.
-Storage (junk) rooms without window coverings, next to guest rooms, adding to overall rundown appearance.

If I paid $20 a night for this place, it would have been too much, but at that rate I would expected to take a gamble. The thing is, I paid a very competitive rate through Priceline. What a let down, I paid less through PL.com for a NICE, COMFORTABLE room with great beds at BEST WESTERN (highly recommended) accross the street.

Priceline will be contacted and asked about a refund. I took photos, and will post if able to.

Bottom line: AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

• Liked — Checking Out!
  • Disliked — All of it, the condom on the lamp?!?
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Travelr001

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Missouri
Reviewed May 29, 2007

This place was the worse hotel I've seen yet. The rooms hadn't been cleaned, the tub was molding, some of the doors looked as if they had been kicked in, and we were scared to even stay there! I would give this hotel a half-star, and that is pushing it! The guy at the front desk was rude, too. We had to move to the Best Western across the street ( which had nice, clean rooms and comfortable beds). If one of these online companies like Hotwire sticks you with this hotel, don't even waste your time going there!

• Liked — That Hotwire was kind enough to find us another hotel!!!!
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank crazyfunchick
Fairfax County, Virginia
Reviewed August 23, 2005

This property is not a three star property by any stretch of the imagination. Should receive star rating comparable to Econo Lodge. Definitely not worth $85 per night. $30 would be more appropriate.

• Stayed August 2005
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#23 of 37 in Norfolk
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - No...
#50 of 109 in Virginia Beach
Quality Inn Little Creek
Quality Inn Little Creek
#71 of 109 in Virginia Beach
19 Atlantic Hotel
19 Atlantic Hotel
#56 of 109 in Virginia Beach
Wingate by Wyndham Virginia Beach / Norfolk Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Virginia Beac...
#43 of 109 in Virginia Beach

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk Airport Area? Share your experiences!