“Macaroni in the Walkway”

Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk Airport Area
Ranked #105 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
hhmonkey
“Macaroni in the Walkway”
Reviewed February 2, 2010

This was the most disgusting motel I have every stayed and I've stayed at many "cheap/budget" motels over the years. The topper was the puked up mac and cheese that remained in the pass way by my room until I checked out 2 days later... nice. All the things that others have listed are true as well with out me re-hashing them. Wish I had sen this site before I booked.

Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
abvivirginiabeach, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk Airport Area, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Regards,
Sanjay Patel-Owner
Americas Best Value Inn-Virginia Beach, VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
richmond va
Reviewed September 12, 2009

I'm a Foreman for a construction company and we do a lot of work in the Norfolk area.We stay at this hotel 6-7 months out of the year and have been doing so for the past 4 years.And please note that I have anywhere from 5 to 10 rooms for my crew.The hotel is very unsafe.I have witnessed drug sales go on right in front of me in the parking lot.every time we check in for the week every room always has something wrong with it.you can not walk in socks or bare foot in your room, it will turn your feet black! I've had hooker's knock on my door looking for "work". The last straw for me was last week a man was murdered outside my room in the parking lot.I didn't hear the gunshot but was woken up by police and questioned half the night..After this we no longer stay there and am very happy paying a little more somewhere else..

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

chapel hill, nc
Reviewed August 5, 2009

My worst motel experience EVER and I've traveled and stayed in budget motels for 11 years...Couldn't find the room because the # had fallen off the door, but when I finally figured it out, noticed there were tons of flies on the window as I was opening the door...didn't realize they were on the window INSIDE the room...even THEY were trying to get out! I don't know what had gone on in there (didn't want to know) and the A/C obviously hadn't been turned on in a while, it was 98 degrees in there (and outside) and smelled of urine and smoke. After gagging, I walked into the bathroom and there were dead flies all in the tub and the toilet seat was up and there was urine all over the rim and on the floor...The room next door either housed a homeless person or she was turning tricks...the door stayed open all the time and people wandered in and out. Garbage everywhere and shady characters hanging out in the parking lot. Need I say more? I obviously got moved to another room that was not much better , sheets were filthy and I ended up sleeping in my clothes. Would have checked out and run had my credit card not been fully charged before I arrived. (cancellation fee is 100 percent of your stay if you book online) I don't even think that is legal! I was overcharged on my card and told it would be credited back and almost a week later it hasn't been and I've called 3 times. Contacting the Better Business Bureau...sleep in a ditch first!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
sugasosweet
Reviewed May 25, 2009

This Hotel is soo NASTY and TRIFLING!! When we first got there my sister reservation was still sitting in the fax machine they never pu it in the computer! Hookers standing outside with barely any clothes on. Very Very Trashy!!! The Noise is awful that place is just gone to the DOGSS!!!!! Then I called Front Desk and told them about the toilet seat being broken...the "manetence man" who was really someone who just lived there took our toliet seat off and left for like about 20 minutes and came back and put the toilet seat on and left i went and looked at the seat and it had dried up blood all over it!!!!!!!!! The towels and washclothes they bring you either have black stuff or old blood stains on them. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a BUM ON THE STREET IN THE POURiNG RAIN SLEET OR SNOW!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank sugasosweet
Virginia
Reviewed August 24, 2008

Please go somewhere else. The hotels is the worst place I've ever been to. Old and dirty. The rooms stink and the carpet is like a hundred years old and is falling apart. The walls have holes and are very dirty. No blankets. Tub old and rusty. Noisy overall. Hotel shouldn't even have 1/2 a star. It would be too much. People live there and it's like a shanty town of the worst class. All rooms facing parking lot are inhabited by at least 4 people per room and they are filthy. At nights (and during the day too) people who live there drink a lot and have parties at courtyard and are way too loud. Don't bother asking the night front desk. She lives there and is friends with the permanent guests. Some rooms even have more than 6 people living there. The cops patrol the area because they are robberies and drugs and mean people all over the hotel. Please stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Nothing. Place is the worst ever
  • Disliked — Hotels shouldn't be in business
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pildorita
virginia
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I have read all the reviews on this hotel but booked it anyway because its all I could afford. I was certainly worried about what I would find when I arrived. The front desk staff were very busy but friendly enough. The hotel is obviously old and could use many updates but our room was tidy. Our bed was very springy and needed replacement however our sheets were clean and fresh. I will say the bathroom was mostly clean, the drain was very slow in the shower and there was no fan. The carpeting was old and falling apart but it was vacuumed. I didn't see any bugs as mentioned in other reviews or any rats in the pool. The pool actually looked very clean and the hotel has a very beautiful courtyard. This room was perfect for a cheap beach getaway. Virginia beach is 15 miles away and if you are willing to drive a bit this hotel is perfect for a low budget beach vacation. I would stay there again.

I will mention that the restaurant is no longer a steakhouse but a Chinese Buffet/Mongolian Barbecue. I would not recommend eating there because its not very tasty and it made me and my fiance both sick. The do have Fri and Sat night crab legs but they seemed old tasting, not very fresh.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
fairfax, virginia
Reviewed August 14, 2007

Most run down low class hotel or motel iive ever been too. i always analyze for clean..i figured the room would be cheap but i didnt mind as long as it was clean..when i got there the first thing i noticed was the lap shades tilted...the sink was still dirty the check in guy was laying in the lobby watching tv almost half asleep..our room smelled like ciggerates the toilet paper roll wasnt refilled..and i checked the sheets and though they didnt appear dirty..i could tell they werent fresh..we ended up sleeping on our beach towels taking at least 2 showers a day..not only taht but there were bugs in the batroom it was so gross. NEVER AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN EVER!

• Liked — near food places and a 7-eleven
  • Disliked — everything! the room the bed
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#23 of 37 in Norfolk
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - No...
#49 of 109 in Virginia Beach
Quality Inn Little Creek
Quality Inn Little Creek
#71 of 109 in Virginia Beach
19 Atlantic Hotel
19 Atlantic Hotel
#63 of 109 in Virginia Beach
Wingate by Wyndham Virginia Beach / Norfolk Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Virginia Beac...
#44 of 109 in Virginia Beach

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk Airport Area? Share your experiences!