“Still Itching, Thoroughly Disgusted, Never been treated so badly.”

Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk Airport Area
Ranked #100 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I am so appalled I don't even know where to begin. The room wreaked of urine. The floor was filthy, The only thing between me and the mattress springs was a plastic mattress cover i believe is either used for children that urinate or an attempt to get rid of a bed bud problem. No amount of Febreze helped the urine smell. I initially thought it was on the rug but later had the pleasure of finding out it was my bedspread that was almost made me vomit all day. I called to complain and was told I could not change rooms, I cannot get a refund for the week I paid for and if I was that unhappy I could just check out. I was spoken to in such a rude manner I felt intimidated for complaining. The place is very shady. When I went to return keys and get a number for corporate the manager just laughed. My husband is a disabled veteran and works for the Navy. He was so angry he was shaking. I had to get him away because we were being laughed at. I feel like I was robbed and told to deal with it. I will do everything in my power to see that this place is held accountable. I am not exaggerating please stay away. Awful, dangerous, and dirty...

Room Tip: Never ever choose this place. It should not be open because it's filthy. Management and ho...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Freckles0389
abvivabeach, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property.
Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction.I apologize for the inconvenience. Actually, the motel you stayed in has some rooms under renovation for quite some time. we have now replaced all mattress, carpets etc. in the room, we do have a licensed pest company routinely treat our rooms as a preventative measure. We do take your concerns very seriously. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards.
5725- Northampton Blvd.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

the shower sucked. the pool was closed so i couldnt play around with my boyfriend koopa and the walls were paper thin that people kept calling to complain about me sleeping my boyfriend. and the power went off twice!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: make sure no one is in a room next to u if u moan at all during sex
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest.
Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am deeply concerned about this issues you encountered during your visit. We take all complaints seriously. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Virginia Beach. VA

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Bring the following things before you stay at America's Best Value Inn: Your own pillows, sheets, and comforter; plenty of socks; a can of Febreeze; a can of Raid; earplugs; and a can of Mace. You need your own bedding because this place is absolutely disgusting and unsanitary. Bring plenty of socks because the carpet is so dirty, it will turn the bottoms of your feet black. You need a can of Febreeze because every room REEKS of smoke, even if it is in the non-smoking section. You'll need the Raid for all the creepy crawlies you'll encounter; beetles, cockroaches, etc. Bring earplugs because if you're as unlucky as I was, there will be a bunch of middle-aged alcoholic adults partying from 11 PM-6AM in the MIDDLE OF THE WEEK. The lobby will ignore all your complaints about excessive noise, so don't bother. Bring Mace because every time you leave your room, there will be several people watching you. People who live at this hotel lurk in the hallways and on the balconies. Everytime I took my dog out to take a crap, I had several pairs of eyes on me. People who live here leave their doors open so they can keep an eye on what's going on outside. Don't keep your drapes open. Creepy old men will slowly walk past your window and stare at you as if it's their right to do that. This is hands down the worst hotel in Virginia. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone, except for maybe ex-cons on welfare, except they all seem to be living there already. You should sleep in your car before you sleep at this hotel. It's cleaner, safer, quieter and smells better. It's probably more comfortable too. The bed in this hotel felt like a slab of concrete. I don't care how cheap America's Best Value Inn is. I'd rather DIE than stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Meryl S

Dear Guest.
Thank you for taking your time to share a review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Actually, the motel you stayed in has some rooms under renovation for quite some time.
We have now replaced all mattress, carpet etc. in the room. I apologize for the inconvenience. As a preventative measure, we do have a licensed pest company routinely treat our rooms. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife, son and myself spent 4 nights here and altough a bit old the hotel was great. i saw no bugs. The beds were comfortable and the staff was great. The pool was cleaned every morning and was a big hit with my son. It could use some more chairs, tables and umbrellas. The AC worked GREAT. Super hot water (watch out) and great pressure while taking a shower. All in all our stay was great and if needed we would stay again. Oh yeah, a bit of fresh fruit on the breakfast bar would be a nice touch. And something other than milk and cofee to drink.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank shmroc313

Dear Valued Guest.
We hope you stay in our motel again.

5725- Northampton Blvd.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I thought that maybe the reviews were just a little too harsh but NO I should have taken the advice from others. This hotel is the worst one I've ever been to. Not at all clean, smells like smoke, trashy, and just simply gross. The ONLY positive about this hotel is that the staff is friendly and will try to help you in any way possible. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Morgan C

Dear Guest.
Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am deeply concerned about the issues you encountered during your visit. We take all complains seriously. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Virginia Beach. VA-23455

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room was a basic set up. The building is older looking and there are just general maintenance issues. The room was clean, especially the bathroom which is very often the tell tale of a dirty place. There were people out late and clearly resident "tenants" of the hotel; but, that's what you expect of an inexpensive hotel in a busy town. Not a family environment, but it was acceptable for a one night stay for myself and my partner.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior court yard of the building are quieter and feel safer.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest.
Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Virginia Beach. VA-23455

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place is good for just a one day stay. But their was some problems their was roaches and their was a legit bullet hole in the wall. So I didn't feel safe but it was a one night thing. Hope this helps

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Zurita9496
abvivabeach, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Zurita9496,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am deeply concerned about the issues you encountered during your visit. We take all complaints seriously. If you could please provide us more information by contacting us directly at 757-464-9351. Rest assured, the appropriate actions will be taken. Again, I deeply regret any issues you encountered with us.

U.P.-Manager