“This is a real review I'm not joking” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk Airport Area

Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk Airport Area
Ranked #104 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“This is a real review I'm not joking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place is good for just a one day stay. But their was some problems their was roaches and their was a legit bullet hole in the wall. So I didn't feel safe but it was a one night thing. Hope this helps

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Zurita9496
abvivabeach, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk Airport Area, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Zurita9496,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am deeply concerned about the issues you encountered during your visit. We take all complaints seriously. If you could please provide us more information by contacting us directly at 757-464-9351. Rest assured, the appropriate actions will be taken. Again, I deeply regret any issues you encountered with us.

Americas Best Value Inn-Virginia Beach, VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

This review is for the Northhampton blvd location in VA Beach.
Do not go there!
Literally slept in clothes for fear of bed bugs. People were partying outside our room. People live here and treat it like a place they really don't care about. Stayed here to run in a race at the oceanfront.
Repeat, avoid like the plague.

Room Tip: To get a good room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank LangStonR
Dear LangStonR,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with us. As you know, bed bugs are a major issue across the Country. Please know that we have replaced all mattresses and added protective covers to each of our beds. Although there have not been any reported issues, we do have a licensed pest company routinely treat our rooms as a preventative measure. We do take your concerns very seriously.

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Navarre, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

the room was quiet the building it was housed it was a bit dirty the room was clean but needs up dating the pool areas need many improvements as well..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear trippinwiththebradys,

I appreciate the fact that you took time to post a review with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us in 2011. Please know that we have undergone some extensive renovations. Including painting rooms, replaced furniture and bedding, recoated vanities and tubs. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience.

Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

It was 3am during 4th of July weekend and we were driving back from the beach. All of the hotels at the beach were booked so we drove out a little further and found this one. I had stayed at a very nice hotel in this chain in Baltimore so I was expecting the same standards. Umm...not quite.
Negatives: I felt like I was in a horror movie. First, my boyfriend had the hardest time getting the door to our room to open. When it finally budged, the first thing we noticed, aside from the stale odor, was the giant bleach stain on the carpet...no telling what might have happened there. The sink had about a million cracks spreading from the drain and the edges along the walls were cracked and poorly caulked. There was trash still in the trash cans and the place looked like it hadn't been dusted in months. We were about to give in and stay since we were so exhausted but we were still able to realize how unacceptable of a room this was. We returned to the front desk and requested a refund.
Positives: We got our refund.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trippinwiththebradys
abvivabeach, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk Airport Area, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
April 28, 2014
Dear Guest,
I appreciate the fact that you took time to post a review with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us in 2011. Please know that we have undergone some extensive renovations. Including painting rooms, replaced furniture and bedding, recoated vanities etc. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience.

Regards.
Utpal Patel- Manager
Americas Best Value Inn.
Virginia Beach, VA-23455
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

The worst hotel I've ever been in. Not only did it smell but the shower was broken, the ironing board didn't have legs and then the roaches arrived to the party. I immediately checked out and stayed at a Marriott. Absolutely not worth it.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank MsZee
Dear MsZee,

Thank you for sharing a traveler review with us. I deeply regret any negative experience you had with us. Please know that we have undergone some extensive renovating. As a preventative measure, we do have a licensed pest company routinely treat our rooms. We hope that you give us another try in the future.

U.P.-manager
LI NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

This was the worst motel ever. It was late (10PM) and we were tired. We took Route 13 southbound to avoid Balitmore and Washington because of the time we left NY and the SB rush houre in Virginia. This motel was on route and we found it in the Travel Coupon book. Boy was I sorry. This place was patheic. Dirty counters no soap jel or shampoo in the shower. Smares on the light fixtures. the remote control I think was never cleaned in months. No tissues. Mold on the inside of the shower curtin. No drink cups. The "free" breakfast had stale bagels hard muffens and uneatable pastreies, and no milk for the coffee. We stoped across the street @ 7/11. For safety sake there was no GFI on the sink wll outlet. A lot of other things too much to mention. The only reason i gave it one star is because the sheets were very clean and the wall heater worked good. Almost forgot... When we got up in the morning we saw that some rooms had multiple people living in them. I say no more.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CaptainManny
abvivirginiabeach, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk Airport Area, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our housekeeping and breakfast did not meet your expectations. We wish to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. We will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Once again, we appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Sanjay Patel-Owner
Ventnor City, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

I just have to say that I have stayed at many motels and this has to be by far the worst one I have ever stayed at. The only good thing I can say about it was that the lady at the front desk was nice. So at first when I go to walk to my room I see a couple making out, Is that very necessary? Can't they just go to their room and do it? So my family and i walk to our room with all our luggage and everything and guess what? We slide the card in and we cant open the door. We probably stood at that door for 10 minutes trying to get it to budge open, but no luck, So my dad had to walk all the way to the front desk and get another room. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. So i walk into my room and im already disgusted, the smell was horrible! i kept spraying my body spray all aroundd but nothing could get rid of that horrible odor. So then i go to the bathroom and guess what i see. I see cockroaches all over the place! I was utterly disgusted. So i went to take a shower and i saw that they gave us no shampoo or soap! what kind of motel are they running here? so i called the front desk and they told me to come and get it. so i had to walk all the way to the front desk just to get what i should have already had from the beginning. So i took a shower and got out as quick as i could. and that night when i went to bed, i was so disgusted i used my own sheets and pillow, i just couldnt risk having my body touch those filthy sheets, in my opinion i think this place should be shut down, IMMEDIATELY!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with the door not working, no shampoo or soap in the room, and roaches. We have contracted with a licensed pest control company who treats the buildings twice per month. We have also purchased shampoo and soap for all guestrooms. We have also contracted with a licensed company to provide clean linens for all of our rooms. We believe these corrective measures will enhance the overall experience at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Sanjay Patel-Owner
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#23 of 37 in Norfolk
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - No...
#50 of 109 in Virginia Beach
#42 of 109 in Virginia Beach
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach
#39 of 109 in Virginia Beach

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk Airport Area? Share your experiences!