“terrible”

Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach
Ranked #92 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“terrible”
Reviewed August 13, 2005

1st we checkecd in to room and it was so dirty and rundown. we went out and bought flip-flops to wear even in the dirty bathtub. we did complain about the tub and they went up to look .pool was so dirty it had algae on the side you could sign your name in. We were transfered to a different room which was "a little better" i would never stay here again we paid 850 dollars for 8 days terrible place front staff was friendly though. Place needs updating and pool maintenance

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed July 24, 2005

I reservred a room there for three nights. When i called the motel they informed me I was not old enough to check in/register. When I arrived there was no problem with that...but I requested a hotel with a pool. The pool was empty and woul;dn't be full until after my stay. After discussing this with the owner he stated that I would be charged for the reservation wether I stayed or not. Also to my suprise the air conditioning in many of the rooms were not working! When I stated that this would be a huge problem and I would not be staying and would contact corporate for a refund on my credit card the owner offered me a room upgrade for the same price and promised a working ac. ac didn't work. room was filthy staff was unfriendly. Overall I did not expect luxury for this price but this was unbearable. Wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy!!!

Stayed June 2003
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Frostburg
Reviewed June 13, 2005

Should have read previous reviews. Hotel was not top quality, not even close. Very run down and depressing. The pool was okay. Could hear conversations through the walls. Oven did not work, neither did the remote, despite getting a new battery. Freezer and refrig. were filthy, but working. No utensils, pans, or kitchen accessories for kitchen, make sure you bring everything you need. Continental breakfast was pretty bad. Coffee even worse. Beach is pretty close by as well as 7-11 across the street which was convenient. Staff was very friendly, but not helpful. Asked for rollaway bed, told me I didn't need one (with a smile). This hotel is definately not worth the price. Other hotels much better for same or even less (Had friends at the Days Inn, Comfort Inn, and Best Western that paid about the same, but they did not have "suites".) Only stay if you can't find anything else and won't be spending much time in room.

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank 29usa
Richmond, VA
Reviewed September 7, 2004

We stayed in the suite Saturday and Sunday (Labor day weekend). We arrived at 11AM, check in isn't until 3PM, but the room was available so they let us in. It's not the best looking room and is in need of new paint, carpet steaming, etc... But it was clean and didn't have bugs. It's a short walk to the beach. Who spends a lot of time in a room when at the beach anyhow??? Not us!!

4 Thank RoachyRox
Reviewed July 19, 2004

Stayed there for the weekend of July 4th 2004, when we got there the room was smelly, i had to go and get febreeze and lysol...the sheets were dirty, it seems to me they did not change the sheets when the other guests checked out. The bath tub was so filthy, however the front desk was helpful in getting me new sheets for the beds...I would never stay there again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 24, 2004

I stayed on the top floor for 6 nights, June 12-18, 2004. I saw no bugs, the pool was clear and well used by customers, my apartment was recently painted. Everything worked: air-conditioning, TV, phone for free local calls, refrigerator, stove and oven, fan and light above the stove. No microwave or any utensils - bring your own pan, can opener, bottle opener, knife/fork/spoons, mug. My room had a plastic ice bucket and plastic cups. Furniture and phone were beat up but who cares? Like I say, they worked. The front desk clerk suggested I buy a pre-paid long-distance card, which I could buy at the 7-11 directly across the street: very handy. I didn't need to use the cleaning supplies that I brought. The sheets were clean and fresh-smelling. The room was a little musty -no surprise, since it was 93 degrees and humid outside- but did not bother my asthma. It's a cheap beach resort room and I was pleasantly surprised after reading the reviews from folks staying here in 2003.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 14, 2004

We stayed at Rodeway Inn during our vacations for the past 2 summers. The price was very good, very cheap with the beach being only 1 block away. BUT-- the hotel was worse the 2nd time. Our room had mold and mildew, water damage near the doorway on the wall and floor. We were so displeased that we will not stay there again. It is definitely not the cleanest of rooms either.

• Stayed August 2003