“Could be nicer”

Ranked #96 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Nashville, tn
“Could be nicer”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights and I was aware of what I was getting myself into. However, this could be a nicer place if they would take the time and actually clean. The rooms were very dirty. When we arrived, there was items left in the fridge, wrappers from snacks next to bed, floor rugs were horrible! My kids feet were BLACK! We also, found a pair of underwear in back of the dresser! EWWWWWWW! Yes, there was definitely mold on shower curtain, tub and tiles. Beds weren't the greatest but they were ok. I also had issues with not enough towels and had to bring dirty ones down to get more. They also should look into putting another TV were the beds are. There was no clock radio and I have to say that this is the first hotel that didn't have a hair dryer. I didn't expect some of these issues but we made the best of it. The parking lot was very small and cramped. we had a hard time parking. they have the other end chained off so there was only one way in and out. Im not sure why they did this. Pool was ok. The location is great though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sunny G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 24, 2013

Rodeway Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Orange, Virginia
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The rooms were dirty, mold in the bathrooms, headboards were hung on the walls and crooked at that. Parking garage is way to small for coming and going cars. If you wanted fresh towels you had to turn your old ones in first. No extra towels at pool for guest. You were not allowed to have visitors even if they were only coming up while you grabbed something out of your room. Elevator was very scary. A lot of noise at night. Vending machines were either out of all drinks or took your money and when we notified management all they said was ok sorry. We left a bag when we checked out, when I called to ask if it was there they told me they would leave a note for housekeeping and told me to call back tomorrow. The hotel was close to the beach we walked every where. However, I learned my lesson and will start reading reviews before I book next time or just pay the couple extra bucks for a well known hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rachel w

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was so disappointed for everything the price its not disserved for that room and services, the bathroom is stink, the kitchen is dirty we found the roach and they don't have even spoon the cabinets so funny the elevator is so scary dirty and I wondering to know how old is that elevator, so I spend three boring night, the good thing is clean bed and good locations only.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank meratte b

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Me and my family searched all over for a place to stay in Virginia Beach that wasnt over $1,000 for 3 nights. Although this is not a 5 star hotel it was great for what we paid! Me and my family were very satisfied and the owners were very sweet and helpful. The layout of the room is especially cool because its separated into 2 parts where you can actually close the door to the bedroom also. The location is awesome! Literally a one block walk to the beach from our front step. This hotel was great and inexpensive! Well definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Bethany_diane

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Ok, here's the deal... I am not an upscale dude by any means and for what is costs for one night, you are better off spending that extra 50 or 60 dollars for a good night/cozy stay... My preference of course... I would compare this place to a Motel 6 in Prince George's County, MD... LoL If you can get past the unyielding amount mold, the old fashion tvs "LoL" w/ non-functional remotes, filthy bathrooms, and no tvs where the beds are, then this is your spot... LooOOOOL!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank iPhoneUserPG

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The location is good. One block from the beach. Rooms are big so you are not cramped. The price cant be beat. Granted rooms are not fancy and i suggest you bring clorox wipes. They arent complete filth but not sparkly clean either. Id say for the price its worth it. They are stingy with towels and washclothes. There is a parking garage but you have to watch what you are doing. If you have a small car you'll be good. Staff has been ok so far. Let us walk through before we paid. There are lots of people sitting around on the walkways and stairs that are a tripping hazzard. I don't know why they would allow them to sit around like that. If they just cleaned a little better it would be great. Like wash the walls down and stuff like that. They even let us park for a couple hours after we checked out so we could go to a few shops before leaving. Also I did NOT see any bugs around. Pool is small but clean.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Klh510

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just got back from our vacation and we had a nice room. Spacious, clean, air conditioning that works. Kitchenette with stove you can cook good meals with the surrounding excellent markets. They clean every day and new soap shampoo and towels. Even at rush hours we had hot water in showers. Hotel was freshly painted when we got there. The pool water so clean you can see your feet compared to other places nearby like Days Inn where there's no maintenances and up keeping of the facility. Good deal for your money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family