“Don't stay here!!”

Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach
Ranked #101 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The rooms are not clean, cock roaches climbing the walls, there was food left on the floor from other people, the tile flloors were filthy....I could continue with more but I think I've made my point. Spend a few bucks more and stay elsewhere....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chars3ts
Sunny G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. Stayed in a 2 room suite as we normally do. It was a very clean room. There were a lot more people this time in hotel compared to my last stay during the spring season. Very helpful and friendly staff. We had a problem with one light in room and it was fixed by their maintenance staff promptly. I will definitely recommend this hotel and I am planning to return either at end of August or the beginning of September with my family. Kids were happy with continental breakfast. We all enjoyed the swimming pool as it was nice and clean. Saved a lot of money by cooking in room with the provided kitchenette.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank klpd33

Reviewed July 12, 2013

After a 9 hour drive to the beach, at check in we were told the room we were promised did not exist at that hotel. When I told the lady and manager at the front desk told me they didn't know of the person I was talking about that no one by that name worked at that establishment. After an ordeal over not being able to have a room we thought we were paying for we went to our "2 Room Suite" that was far from 2 separate rooms. The room had holes in the walls and ceiling which looked like they had been patched several times and had black mold growing from them. The refridgerator was dirty and had remnants from previous guests. The bathroom was filthy and the light above the vanity was falling down, the only reason it was still hanging was due to it resting on the top of the mirror. The plaster on the ceilings was falling down and there was a boot print at the top of the wall by the ceiling. I would not have let my dog be subjected to those conditions let alone my less than a year old child. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this establishment.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda H

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was a little afraid to stay here after reading some of the reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised. The beds were clean, the bathroom was clean, and so was the kitchenette. Be sure to have paper products for the kichen, and your own pans.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with all four kids on our last trip to the beach. The guys at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. We got there early in the morning and were told if we come back around 11:30am we could have the room before regular check in at 3. We were allowed to park in the garage to go explore until then. We were offered a room that was directly in front of the pool and when I requested another there was no problem. They supplied us with extra pillows and fresh towels when asked. The rooms were clean and had a microwave. Located just one block from the beach Rodeway Inn was a great place for our family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Shulls

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Less than a block from the beach very easy to carry your stuff however the bathroom ceiling had mold spots and something strange smeared behind the bathroom door...we ended up getting an air mattress and putting it in the living room...because the rooms are big the mattress are just hard as a rock

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Barnett19777

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel is dated but my room was very clean and comfortable. I decided to stay an extra day and the staff was very helpful and friendly. If your looking for a place just to sleep then this is it. The pool was very clean and well kept. I would stay again. I overheard visitor's staying at the Quality Inn complaining of bed bugs. I did not have that problem here. I also had alot of towels in my room. I felt safe in this area also. Very well pleased.

Room Tip: Private Balcony and wonderful view.