“Terrified”

Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach
Ranked #96 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Terrified”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I arrived and was assigned a room and key. When I went to my room the key worked fine but I walked in on an already occupied room. Thank God the people i walked in on was understanding. Terrified the same mistake might happen to me if I had changed rooms I got a refund

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Us123we
Sunny G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 24, 2013

Rodeway Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Illinois
Reviewed April 10, 2013

You can not beat the price they have! Very Convenient location. Just one block from the Beach. Clean room. Close to convention center. Friendly Staff. My family was happy, What else I want. Good restaurants around in walking distance. We realy enjoy Our Stay.

Room Tip: I had studio room which fit 4 people. But I saw online they also have bigger suites with living room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed with family on spring break, last week of March. It is well maintained hotel. As they said no breakfast during October to May. I will definately recommand this hotel for family. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Room has cooktop-fridge-microwave except utensils. Clean room. They had the best rate in town and more room aminity than standard hotel. Well it is not brand new hotel but well maintained. Definately I will stay here again. Only 2 minutes from Ocean. I believe reviews are not always the true picture based on what I experienced at this hotel.

Room Tip: Their non smoking studio rooms has balcony. All rooms has kitchen.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Lancaster, Ohio, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The price was what brought me here!! And never again. I got my room it was dirty, floors were dirty! The beds had sand in them from the previous people!! Pop or something all over the wall...The lobby was very small, and they had little to nothing when it came to there nasty muffins!

1 Thank Ashley B

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

akron
Reviewed September 22, 2012

well we arrived late on a saturday night. everything was booked so we thought we got really lucky in finding this place online. turns out we were wrong again. first impression of this place outside was not too bad. then the staff gave us a hard time about needing two parking spots for a room that sleeps six. they charged us $10 for a second spot that wasnt even a real parking space. neglected to tell us that there is a free parking lot right across the street. once entering this fine establishment you are overwhelmed the stench of dirty locker room.the pull out couch was stained from edge to edge. we know this because there wasnt a sheet on it. the floors havent been cleaned since who knows when. the tv was considered an antique. my son deffinately couldnt hook up his xbox. the tv in the shared bedroom was missing all together.different color splotches of paint on the door.the beds and pillows were so dirty all of us slept with hoods on our heads so they didnt touch the pillow directly.we found other peoles hair and stains as well.the kitchen area is a joke.we were so uncomfortable that we walked the beach until 3:30 then was out of there by 8:30 the next day. this was deffinately on the do not return list.then we went to the econolodge oceanfront. being late september the rates were very reasonable the most of all the that place is clean.i can not rate roadway inn low enough. should be condemned!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aaron s
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We just returned from our vacation and I have never been so happy to be home! We stayed 3 nights at this motel and it was horrible! The people in the office were very nice but that does not mean anything about this place was nice! The beds were hard and worn out. We were given 4 pillows and 4 towels for 5 people. When we asked for more, they said they didn't have any more pillows and we had to take a used towel to the front desk to get a clean towel! I never heard of anything like that! The walls are paper thin... the people staying next to us didn't go to bed until about 3 am which meant WE didn't get any sleep until then. There was no TV in the bedroom! No microwave in the kitchenette! When we flushed the toilet, the pipes made loud noises for about 2 minutes! The parking garage is a nightmare!! The good thing...it is only about 2 blocks from the beach and the "quiet" end of the boardwalk. Other than that, don't be cheap like me...spend the money to go somewhere else and enjoy your vacation. I am not exaggerating....I got up Sat morning crying....that's how miserable I was!

Room Tip: Listen to the bad reviews....I didn't and I was miserable!!
1 Thank Cynthia R
North Bergen, New Jersey
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I absolutely love Virginia Beach and normally we stay on the ocean front hotels, but this time around we thought we could give up the ocean-view and save some money. We had made a trip in July and ran into some other visitors on the beach who were staying at the Beach Carousel for $70 a night so that is where we had intended to stay, but they were booked and referred us to the Rodeway Inn, which was $100/night.

My husband had requested to see the rooms first before we actually booked it and sent me to go with the manager. I didn't thoroughly go through it and I WISH I did! It's just that we were both up all night and left NJ at 3am to make the 6hr drive to VA. As soon as the room was booked we literally crashed in the room and it wasn't until I was fully rested that I noticed all the flaws with the room:
1. The condensation from the AC that was up in the ceiling left the floor wet and had a mildewy smell
2. The bathroom door scraped the floor so we just left it ajar to avoid the annoying nails-on-chalkboard noise
3. The toilet paper holder couldn't even hold a roll of toilet paper because the anchors to hold the rod were too far apart. It was so annoying that housekeeping would always put the roll there when the damn thing would just fall to the floor.
4. The kitchenette cabinetry and vent was gross and streaked in grease
5. All the lampshades needed a good dusting
6. The futon was disgusting and there was a blanket in the dresser that I used to cover the futon which was also disgusting
7. I know the view is only of the 7-11, but is it too much to clean the glass?
8. And thanks for the complimentary frito looking chips behind the dresser. Who knows how long that's been there.
9. The beds are very uncomfortable
10. The pool was slimy
11. Free nasty OJ for complimentary breakfast. That OJ dispenser needs to be cleaned.
12. Worst of all, when I want a non-smoking room I expect to not have to smell any smoke in it. The second night of our stay I woke up about 3:45 am and smelled cigarette smoke and immediately called the office but no answer.
13. They claim to have wifi but we didn't catch jack

My husband wanted to check out and stay somewhere else but of course no refunds and we just took this experience as a lesson learned. We won't ever stay here and will be telling other visitors we chit chat with to avoid this place. You get what you pay for, and apparently $60 more a night is the going cost during peak season to find a decent place. If you have allergies/asthma, this is definitely not a place you want to stay.

2 Thank lena82in201