Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach
$157
Country Inn
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$241
$224
  • Beachfront
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$348
$235
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$193
$161
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$114
$214
Hampton.com
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$160
BestWestern.com
$229
$219
GardenInn.com
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$205
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I absolutely love Virginia Beach and normally we stay on the ocean front hotels, but this time around we thought we could give up the ocean-view and save some money. We had made a trip in July and ran into some other visitors on the beach who were staying at the Beach Carousel for $70 a night so that is where we had intended to stay, but they were booked and referred us to the Rodeway Inn, which was $100/night.

My husband had requested to see the rooms first before we actually booked it and sent me to go with the manager. I didn't thoroughly go through it and I WISH I did! It's just that we were both up all night and left NJ at 3am to make the 6hr drive to VA. As soon as the room was booked we literally crashed in the room and it wasn't until I was fully rested that I noticed all the flaws with the room:
1. The condensation from the AC that was up in the ceiling left the floor wet and had a mildewy smell
2. The bathroom door scraped the floor so we just left it ajar to avoid the annoying nails-on-chalkboard noise
3. The toilet paper holder couldn't even hold a roll of toilet paper because the anchors to hold the rod were too far apart. It was so annoying that housekeeping would always put the roll there when the damn thing would just fall to the floor.
4. The kitchenette cabinetry and vent was gross and streaked in grease
5. All the lampshades needed a good dusting
6. The futon was disgusting and there was a blanket in the dresser that I used to cover the futon which was also disgusting
7. I know the view is only of the 7-11, but is it too much to clean the glass?
8. And thanks for the complimentary frito looking chips behind the dresser. Who knows how long that's been there.
9. The beds are very uncomfortable
10. The pool was slimy
11. Free nasty OJ for complimentary breakfast. That OJ dispenser needs to be cleaned.
12. Worst of all, when I want a non-smoking room I expect to not have to smell any smoke in it. The second night of our stay I woke up about 3:45 am and smelled cigarette smoke and immediately called the office but no answer.
13. They claim to have wifi but we didn't catch jack

My husband wanted to check out and stay somewhere else but of course no refunds and we just took this experience as a lesson learned. We won't ever stay here and will be telling other visitors we chit chat with to avoid this place. You get what you pay for, and apparently $60 more a night is the going cost during peak season to find a decent place. If you have allergies/asthma, this is definitely not a place you want to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lena82in201
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week. After reading some of the reviews I was very worried the cleanliness of the facility, but stayed anyways. Once we arrived the staff was very nice and had our room ready for us. The room definantly needed some updating but it was clean!! The kitchen was a little disappointing. It had no microwave or oven and absolutly no dishes or utensils. Luckily, someone else had wrote a review and mentioned that so I had brought all of my own things. Overall, We had a nice stay. It was affordable and comfortable. I never seen a bug or an ant in our room, and the location is very convenient. I will stay here again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The worst hotel I've ever staid. Poor room facilities and bad management. You rooms will be cleaned by students from different countries who are get a very low salary for that job. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Me and my family went to this hotel for 4 nights. This place is great. I do not know what these other people are talking about, saying this place is horrible. This place is great. At first when I read these reviews, I was scared to go to the hotel. Dont worry this place is worth the price. It is just 2 blocks away. There is a air force base near by the beach, so you will hear occasional loud noise of the aircraft, which everyone hears so calm down. Ok there are some ants. They didnt really bother my family much. They are tiny and i saw them from time to time, but do not leave food out too long because then they will bother you. The carpet was pretty clean but it did made my feet a little black. There is a pool, it is from 3ft. to 5ft. it is great for kids to swim in. Also bring your own utensils because they do not have any. There is a 7/11 right across the street, if you need a snack or anything just go there. The hotel has free breakfast from 6 am-10am. It is just tea,coffee,muffins,mini donuts, and orange juice. Also a microwave there, is not in your room. The view from your balcony, it depends what floor your on. i was on floor 4, room 420. From the front there is some hotels and a small lake, but on the left side you see the days inn hotel and then the beach. Now the beds, the blankets felt weird.. but it was ok i guess later on I got used to it. If you do not want housekeeping to go to your room, just put the "Do not disturb" sign. They will come the next day. Sorry this is so long. You just had to know my experience. The location is GREAT, clealiness: ok, room: is nice, has a tv with cable. I think this hotel could upgrade a little. And to just clean the room better. Well i hope you have a great time. And Youre Welcome.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Do not reserve this hotel. Once u arrive and check in, you will not get a refund. The rooms are horrible. They are so damp that the sheets and comforter on the bed felt wet. The freezer had long strands of hair in it and the stove had ants and roaches all over it. When I told the lady at the front desk, she simply offered bug spray. The bathroom floor and tub was stained and looked very dirty. The bathroom barely has room for one person. It's more like a closet. This may be a great price for the location but the condition of the hotel is absolutely gross!

• Stayed: August 2012