“Don't stay here”

Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach
Ranked #101 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The worst hotel I've ever staid. Poor room facilities and bad management. You rooms will be cleaned by students from different countries who are get a very low salary for that job. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Me and my family went to this hotel for 4 nights. This place is great. I do not know what these other people are talking about, saying this place is horrible. This place is great. At first when I read these reviews, I was scared to go to the hotel. Dont worry this place is worth the price. It is just 2 blocks away. There is a air force base near by the beach, so you will hear occasional loud noise of the aircraft, which everyone hears so calm down. Ok there are some ants. They didnt really bother my family much. They are tiny and i saw them from time to time, but do not leave food out too long because then they will bother you. The carpet was pretty clean but it did made my feet a little black. There is a pool, it is from 3ft. to 5ft. it is great for kids to swim in. Also bring your own utensils because they do not have any. There is a 7/11 right across the street, if you need a snack or anything just go there. The hotel has free breakfast from 6 am-10am. It is just tea,coffee,muffins,mini donuts, and orange juice. Also a microwave there, is not in your room. The view from your balcony, it depends what floor your on. i was on floor 4, room 420. From the front there is some hotels and a small lake, but on the left side you see the days inn hotel and then the beach. Now the beds, the blankets felt weird.. but it was ok i guess later on I got used to it. If you do not want housekeeping to go to your room, just put the "Do not disturb" sign. They will come the next day. Sorry this is so long. You just had to know my experience. The location is GREAT, clealiness: ok, room: is nice, has a tv with cable. I think this hotel could upgrade a little. And to just clean the room better. Well i hope you have a great time. And Youre Welcome.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Do not reserve this hotel. Once u arrive and check in, you will not get a refund. The rooms are horrible. They are so damp that the sheets and comforter on the bed felt wet. The freezer had long strands of hair in it and the stove had ants and roaches all over it. When I told the lady at the front desk, she simply offered bug spray. The bathroom floor and tub was stained and looked very dirty. The bathroom barely has room for one person. It's more like a closet. This may be a great price for the location but the condition of the hotel is absolutely gross!

3  Thank meekthomas
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is the absolute worst. I would never in my life return if my life drowned it on it. The non smoking room smelled like smoke the bathroom was filthy and I had to travel all the way to the front desk for a blow dryer and an iron. The desk attendant told my group that we could not have VISITORS or they would be CHARGED. There were roaches in the cracks of the stove. The complimentary breakfast tasted horrible the orange juice was hot and watery! This hotel should be torn down immediately or under new management.

1  Thank Bnels015
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our room had roaches. When I went to complain to the staff, I was told that they do not have a bug problem, but that housekeeping would be up to deal with the problem. An older lady came up to our room with a can of roach spray and killed several bugs. She left the can for us to use, which we did all night long. Needless to say we checked out first thing in the morning and found another hotel closer to the beach and it was cheaper! Stay here at your own risk!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jennifer s
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We checked in 08/04/12 and stays for 2 days. The staff at the font desk is outstanding. They gave me three room at the same floor and a baby crib for one room which make our stay comfortable. The price is very good for the location. Love the location, Love the staff, love the pool. But the building is very old need a lots to maintain.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We checked in on a Tuesday afternoon and the room was hot. The air condition was not working properly but they neglected to tell us that. The hotel was full because it was the end of July so we could not get another room. The air conditioning was not fixed the entire time we were there. It was 100 degrees outside and not a whole lot cooler in the room. We were given 2 box fans. We could not afford to go to another hotel after they had charged my credit card for the 3 nights. The only things the maids did was empty the trash and bring us new towels. They never made the beds or cleaned anything. The kitchen only has a stove. No microwave and no way of cooking any real food. We had to go to the lobby to head anything up. The staff kept lying to us everyday about when the air conditioner would be fixed and they only gave me 10% off when I left. I had stayed at this hotel once before and it was several years ago and it was nice then. I dont know what has happened to this place but I will never stay here again or any other Rodeway Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends