“If we come back to VA Beach we will definitely stay here again !”

Best Western Center Inn
Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Even though this was a "last minute" decision to stay @ VA Beach overnite during a busy weekend (the week before the Labor Day week , we still were able to call on a Saturday night while still on the beach to reserve a room at this hotel. It was at a reasonable distance from the beach. I had done some brief research on-line before we left Saturday morning from the N. VA area about the hotel so I already had the phone number and felt comfortable that it was a decent place to stay with my daughter and granddaughter. We only had a couple of choices that were smoking rooms which was our only dislike. However, we were fairly forewarned so it was "all good". We loved the shower design with the "marble" walls & the beds where very comfy (my daughter wanted to "borrow" a pillow ). It was easy to set the air conditioner/fan to a comfortable medium for all 3 of us. My daughter and I were also quite pleased that there were no dreaded bedbugs we had been hearing about in recent news. The continental breakfast was plentiful and delicious (we didn't like the eggs to much without milk mixed in - but we understand about folks who may have allergies, etc.) The staff were professional, personable and helpful. We requested a couple of amenities we forgot to bring and received them at out hotel room door by a friendly staffmember in no more than 5 minutes or so . The room refrigerator was roomy and clean, as well as the room itself. The parking lot was well lit, there was ample parking near our room and we were secure knowing we were close to the front office. The ice/snack room was clean (could you get a "Coke" machine ? :) Didn't get a chance to check out the outdoor pool but it looked quite inviting & clean as well. We will be very anxious to stay here again, trust & believe !

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Seahorsie

Reviewed July 18, 2010

Nothing too fancy but also not bottom of the line. Front desk staff was friendly though we only dealt with them on check in/out since we had no issues.

Most importantly, the room was clean though the toilet was not secured to the floor and would move around. The bathroom had been updated so it was a clean shower and sink area.

All other room amenities were fine and/or satisfactory. My wife hates hotels with room doors on the outside and we didn't realize this when booking. However, we had a quiet Friday night and never felt as if we were in a bad area despite the room door opening to the parking lot.

There is a Denny's directly next door to the hotel making late night snacks and early breakfast very convenient. The hotel serves a continental breakfast though we did not try it.

The pool area isn't huge and can get crowded in afternoon/evening.

Overall if your destination is the beach or somewhere other than just chilling at the hotel, this is a great place to spend the night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2010

This was my first time in the Virgina Beach area and there were plenty of hotels to choose from. After much consideration I chose the Best Western Center Inn. It newly remodeled which makes it look amazing. The free full breakfast and the staff was amazing. Price was awesome as well. The location is central to everything in the Virginia Beach and Norfolk area. I am glad that I have found a place to stay each time I visit Virgina Beach!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rahul1380
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I will be visiting this area frequently for a while and I will also most DEFINITELY become a regular guest at this hotel. It's in a great location with shops and restaurants in close proximity, close to the Naval base and not far from the beach. My room was wonderful and not at all what I expected upon checking in. Spacious room with a table and 2 chairs for sitting or eating, updated furniture, a flat screen TV, workspace with free Wi-Fi and the ergonomic desk chair, comfy king sized bed with clean linens and lots of comfy pillows and clean bathroom. The ONLY complaints I had were the small cramped bathroom, the website boasts fridge and microwave in the rooms (there were neither in mine) and the info book they leave on the work desk in the room says, plain as day, check out at 12pm, but check out is at 11am. I was charged twice for a one night stay, but I called the manager and he was VERY VERY helpful and courteous in correcting the problem. I believe his name is Rahul (not sure how its spelled). I REALLY enjoyed my stay! Rahul, you AND your staff, keep up the good work!!! You all should give some remodeling and cleaning tips to the Days Inn next door!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank mstee511
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Stay there because cheaper than Hotels on oceanfront. Decent room with 2 queen beds, was not noisy the time we were there. Pretty complete continental breakfast (perfect before a day to the beach. About 20 minutes from oceanfront. We stay there to sleep, we spent our days at the beach. Only activity for the kids is the outside pool. Fridge on microwave very usefull. Beds were confortable and flat (I didn't roll in the middle because the bed had a depression in the middle)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank taz23
Reviewed July 2, 2009

The annoying toilet cycled water every 10 minutes and the sunlight sined through the bottom of the door at sunrise every morning. The room was clean and the microwave and refridgerator worked well. For the money this was a decent stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank FrqntTrvlr_8
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my mom and 12 year old daughter. I can tell you for the price, this hotel and staff were very good. We had a room in the front of the hotel at the end. Always had parking close to the room. The pool was not open so I can not give a review of that, however the pool is right in front of the office, looked clean in the pool area. When we came down I was worried because of the reviews I have checked out in the Chesapeake area were poor (for the hotel I could afford). I was afraid of what we would find. This hotel is in a quiet area, about 3 mile from the Chesapeake Tunnel and about 20 minutes away from the beach. The room was clean, beds were comfortable. shower was ok. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family