Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$152
$135
CrownePlaza.com
$212
$202
$486
$439
Hampton.com
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$463
$410
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
ComfortInn
$471
$349
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$379
$310
$424
$382
GardenInn.com
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
$107
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$415
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanyogurtstay there againnon smoking roomstaying at this hotelenjoyed my stayfree breakfasthot breakfastthe breakfast areaoutdoor pooldeskmicrowavevirginia
Reviewed October 6, 2008

My wife and I were attending a concert in Virginia Beach on Saturday night so we needed a place to sleep afterwords. After reading reviews and trying to find somewhere that was not priced that high we decided on the Best Western. I may reservations online via the Best Western website and was able to get the AAA rate. I wasn't sure how this hotel would be.

When we got there I was a bit concerned about safety. This hotel is located in a bit of a shady area and the outside does not look all that appealing. It was okay but don't expect much.

We got there and checked in without any problems. The room was okay but nothing spectacular...there did seem to be things falling apart everywhere. The towel racks were falling off the wall but other than that most of everything was okay. There was a fridge and microwave in the room and a desk. The beds slept okay.

I did not try out the internet there but supposedly they had it.

The next morning they had a continental breakfast. It was okay...they had cereal, danishes, juices and coffee. They also had yogurt and packs of Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits that you could heat up in the microwave. It was your average breakfast. I think they also had waffles to heat up.

Parking was a little tight here as well. We had a room on the second level at the back of the hotel and there were only about four or five parking spaces for like 20 some rooms on that side so we had to park on the other side of the hotel and walk around. So that was a little bit of a pain. Also note that this hotel is not enclosed. The rooms do open up right outside. They have stairs to the second level but no elevator.

Overall the hotel was okay...seemed a bit "run-down" and somewhat of a shady area but it worked for a place to sleep for one night. There was a Denny's restaurant right in front of the hotel that you could walk to if you were interested. They also had a pool out front but it was covered and not in use since it was the end of summer.

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank traviz
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Our family spent one night in this hotel in August 2008. The hotel room contained 2 double beds, a desk, a small table with chairs, bathroom and seperate sink area. There is also a small refrigerator and microwave. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Our room was at the back side of the hotel, so potential noise from Northampton Blvd did not present a problem for us.

At the front of the hotel, there is a pool, which is small, but it is clean and well-maintained. The lobby has one computer with complimentary internet access for guests.

The complimentary breakfast, which is served in a small room just off of the lobby, was less than desirable. While a variety of foods were offered, such as cereal, oatmeal, donuts, danish, fruit, hard boiled eggs, etc, we felt that the quality was lacking. The apple juice was very watered down. We wondered how "fresh" some of this food really was. Also, the breakfast area was too small to accomodate all the guests. Some guests wandered around the lobby and outside the hotel trying to find a suitable place to sit and eat their breakfast.

The hotel is located on Northampton Blvd and there are plenty of restaurants and stores nearby.

Overall, this hotel provided a decent lodging experience. We would stay there again, but if we did, we would probably skip the breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2008

We took a family vacation and stayed here for a week. Oer all it was not bad. It was in a crowded district. But we chose it because it was in the middle of everything we wanted to do. The room, was decent, not great. I liked that it had 2 queen beds, a microwave, and a fridge. As for being clean, I would say mostly. We did find a few wrappers on the floor just by the bedspread. The bathroom was clean. The windowsill was loose, so if you leaned on it, it would flip. It wasn't to loud at our end. The pool was decent. The breakfast was great-not a cooked meal, but plenty to choose from. They had bagels, toast, jelly, eggs, muffins, donuts and other pastries. Fresh fruit, bob evan breakfast sandwiches, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, and probably a few things I am missing. Not to mention milk, coffee, tea, juice. I do have to say that when it was time to leave, that is when we had the problem. The bill was higher then my confirmation paper from the hotel website. So I spoke to the manager (who was LESS then professional). He was very rude, cocky, and nasty. He got on the phone to "see how to handle this" and kept me waiting almost 30 min-in the meantime telling me to mind my own business and so on as I am trying to explain and show him my paper. In the end, he corrected the amount, but not without a hassle. As for all the other staff I encountered, they were GREAT! Very kind, pleasant, and helpful. They even let my kids swim later in the pool. So as long as you don't deal with the manager whose name starts with an "R", your visit should be fine!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank goin_south78
Reviewed March 15, 2008

This hotel was pretty nice. The breakfast contained cereal, bread, muffins, sausage biscuits, coffee, juice, milk and waffles. Our room had a microwave and fridge at no extra charge. The bed was very comfortable (and clean). The bathroom was very clean. The only thing that I didn't like was the adjoining room had smokers and we could smell the smoke. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2008

My Mom and I took a two day, one night, trip to Norfolk, Virginia, from Washington, DC, on family business. While the car trip was tiring, the Best Western Inn was a pleasant surprise. While the Inn was located in a dense commercial district in Norfolk (actually the Best Western's address is Virginia Beach, but I was told that the Norfolk city limits was right across the street!), we felt very safe in two first floor rooms ( the motel has two floors, but no elevators and my Mom is 89 years old). Each room had TWO Queen-size beds! The beds were very comfortable with their "pillow top" mattresses to make them soft. The room was clean and, most important of all, besides the safety issue, the rooms were quiet. The heating unit near the window was relatively quiet and kept the rooms warm throughout the night. Since the Inn is located in a commercial district, there were a number of places to eat almost within walking distance from the Best Western. As a matter of fact, we WALKED from the motel to the Denny's restaurant for breakfast on Sunday morning. My only disappointment was the bathroom and the room lighting. The bathroom is quite small. I seemed to keep backing into the bathroom door after using the bathroom sink. The shower was comfortable, though, with a massage shower head. The shower even came with a rubber floor mat to keep you from slipping. All the room lamps used what appeared to be energy-saving fluorescent light bulbs which made the room seem "garish" in the blue-white light. All in all, however, I would recommend the Best Western Inn, Virginia Beach. And the Orbitz price was right!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family