Best Western Center Inn
$315
Country Inn
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$285
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)
$369
$361
$339
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
$219
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$270
$250
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$309
$411
$359
GardenInn.com
$356
$329
Priceline
All reviewsroom was cleanyogurthotel experiencestay there againnon smoking roomvirginia beach areafree breakfastenjoyed my staythe breakfast areaoutdoor poolfamily vacationdesknorfolkmotelmicrowave
Reviewed May 22, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
LachelleM, Director of Sales at Best Western Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Everyone on the toiur that I talked to (me included!) was very impressed with the friendly and knowledgeable staff. The breakfast was complete--who could ask for better sausage gravy and biscuits!--and the rooms very clean and cared for. The 'fridge' was a bonus I didn't expect at this price point.
Thanks!
Al Smith
Chesapeake Chapter

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

We would all like to thank you for taking the time to post this review. We enjoyed having your group each of you were a delight and we certainly can't wait to you guys come back through.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

no microwave..iron would not hold water for steam, it was broken. Bathroom had dirty towels, trash in the room. floor wasn't clean. night management said room was clean. he said they had complaints of that section and he would check it before we went in. he did. said it was clean. NOT. no newspaper...breakfast was horrendous. the sausage was old, could see it was clearly freezer burnt food. out of yogurt, juice. all around the worst place I have ever been. we were late getting in, called ahead. they had plenty of time to make sure it was clean. parking space was tight and lane very narrow to get to the parking. truck pickup had to back up it was so narrow. wished we had checked another hotel but with a funeral who wanted to deal with that again trying to find a decent place to stay. looked good on the net. will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: would not recommend this hotel at all. staff lied about room cleanliness. breakfast was left over from the day before. was not clean looking. got my food, looked at it and trashed it and went out to eat. iron leaked, would not hold water for steam, no microwave as advertised. OOOOHHHH!!! BAD
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
bwcenter, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Our staff ensures every guests satisfaction has been met and we did ask you during your stay if everything was okay and you had mentioned everything was fine. Next time please let us know during the stay.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

When we decided to go to Virginia Beach, the choice of hotel was definite - Best Western. I love Best Westerns and have never had trouble that couldn't be solved. However, this one did not meet the standards that I am used to with a Best Western.

We arrived on a Saturday night to find out that there was some type of cheerleading or gymnastic event going on in town for younger children and several of them were at our hotel. But, surprisingly, there was little noise or bother from them. The front desk clerk, Moses, was very friendly, and helpful, however, he told us that several guests were complaining that their room keys were not working.

We went to our room, and the room was lovely and comfortable. We turned on the TV and the reception on all but two channels was terrible. We noticed as soon as we got to the room that there were only six parking spaces in the rear for approximately sixteen rooms that were in the rear, and no handicap parking space at all, which I require. So we had to cut our sight seeing short each day so we could get back early enough to assure getting a parking spot in the back, as I have severe asthma and cannot walk long distances. They also allowed some contractors staying there to park a box truck in one of the spaces in the back, which, I felt, should have been reserved for personal autos, not large, commercial vehicles.

Next, we decided to let the housekeeping staff know that there was no need to change our linen every day, so, after reading that note, they didn't even make the beds the next day. Nor did they leave any more coffee, lotions, soap, or towels that first day. But we only discovered that after we had to call the front desk to bring us another key because we couldn't get into our room.

The next day, after getting rid of the note, housekeeping did, at least, make the beds. But, again, left no coffee or sundries. Nor did they bother to vacuum the floor or clean the bathroom. In fact, they left a dirty wash rag in the shower for three days before they took it.

Every morning at promptly 9:00a (while I'm trying to sleep in on my vacation) the housekeeping crew gathered outside our door to smoke and chat and carry on, because there was a stone ashtray outside our door.

After six days at this hotel, the room was never vacuumed, the bathroom never cleaned, coffee and sundries were brought once more (even after a call to the front desk specifically asking that they be left every day) and the 9:00a breakfast club met the entire stay.

I let the front desk clerk know all of this on the day we left, 5/10/13. She apologized and said that the owners continually hire back people that they fire because they worry how those employees will support their families. I told her that she would do well to ask them how they will support THEIR families when people stop staying here.

This will seriously impact my decision on future stays at a Best Western, which is truly a shame. I indicated on Twitter that I was unhappy, and someone from Best Western asked me to contact them to let them know what had happened. And I received an e-mail asking me to rate my experience. I have completed the survey, however, it is too soon to know what, if anything, will result. But I am, to say the least, disappointed.

Room Tip: If you require a smoking room, you can get one here, but be sure that you're back to your room by 3:00p if you want to park in the back by your room. Otherwise, you'll be stuck parking in the front and walking to the back.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vicki M

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We do have complimentary microwaves available. Also, our breakfast is delivered each week and is kept under fresh conditions.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is about my 5th stay at this hotel. Receptionist was friendly and very helpful. Rooms were clean. Location is great for travel and transit; not the best environment for enjoying your stay at the hotel. Some choices for restaurant nearby, but none outstanding (mainly fastfood). Not the greatest breakfast, although quite standard for Best Western.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I would like to apologize for the delay in our response as summer had us quit busy. We do have a wonderful steak and seafood restaurant called the Aberdeen barn steak house which comes highly recommended by any of the guest we have sent there. Maybe the next time you stay ask us at the front desk for a discount coupon that you can use there.