“Convenient and Clean”

Ranked #43 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Convenient and Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

Stayed here one night on the way to Virginia Beach. We left the hotel for dinner and to go to the zoo. Dinner options were easy to find and Rahul was very helpful with directions to the zoo :-) Bed was a little soft for my taste, but for the value and location, would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

When I arrived there was a mix up with the rooms I originally reserved two rooms but only was able to get one room (that was a mess). After hours of driving I was tired, hot and frustrated. We had to squeeze everyone into one room and the hotel was all out of roll away beds. The location isn't that great. Some strange man tried to get into my room with his key card at 11:25 p.m. and he stated the front desk told him that was his room. I called the front desk and twenty minutes later security came to the room. The Dining area is very small, cramped and crowded. The food was ok and the breakfast hours aren't long it's from 6:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. The room came with a refrigerator, coffee maker, TV, iron & blow dryer no microwave. The beds weren't comfortable but the room was clean and the staff was friendly. Parking is very limited especially at night. Check your bill before you leave because you will automatically be billed for the in room safe. My overall experience was ok but I don't think I'll stay at this Best Western location again. I won't rule out Best Western all together hopefully I'll have a better experience at another location.

1 Thank gazellestreams77
Jupiter, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

My daughter and I took a road trip and decided virginia beach would be one of our stops, I chose this hotel after reading the reviews on trip advisor, I'm not even sure I'll use trip advisor again after seeing this place. We arrived late in the day after hitting bad traffic in virginia. We were in the room 5 minutes when my daughter went to flush the toilet and it wouldn't work and almost over flowed. Called the front desk and was told she had a"plunger and I could come and get it". I replied absolutely not we are here not even 5 min. and I'm going to fix a toilet?! she said she'd send maintenance. Needless to say after over an hour no one showed. I went and got the plunger and fixed the toilet myself. I asked to speak to a manager "not here til tomorrow." The next day no manager before I checked out. I sent an email to the corporate office. This occurred thursday and it is now monday and I just recieved a call. He apologized and offered to send a gift certificate for a free stay told him my vacation is over and don't think I would choose a BW again. He offered to credit my bill which I at first was please with until he said 15.00 credit. Told him a plumber would have charged more than 15.00, In addition this hotel is not in a nice area (crackhead at 7/11) the sheets were stained and dirty. The fridge in room not cold and knob broken to raise temp. The price of this lovely stay was over 100.00.

3 Thank irishchic61
Highland Mills, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

Overall it was a very good place to stay at. The rooms were clean and so was the rest the of the motel. The room itself was large with two queen size beds, refrigerator, and flat screen tv. The tv had all regular cable channels and even a movie channel or two. House keeping did a good job cleaning the room each day. There's also wifi and it's easy to connect. The beds were very comfortable and hotel was quiet at night so it was easy to get a good nights rest. The complimentary breakfast was great. It included, eggs, bacon, sausage, belgian waffles, hot and cold cereal, bagels, toast, pasties, fruit, juice and coffee. Definitely made for a great way to start each morning. The pool was clean and the water was warm. There's also a small workout room. There was plenty of parking on the premise and the motel is conveniently located. It's about a 10-15 minute ride to the beach and a little under an hour to busch gardens. I never ordered room service so I can't speak for that but all and all it's great value and I would stay here again next time I'm at virginia beach.

Jonesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

OMG! It was totally awesome. First, let me start by saying that I was totally surprised. The rooms were nice, spacious and very clean. There was no smell of wet carpet (which was a plus). I was armed with my febreeze and lysol but I didn't need either. I have to tell you that the room was very spacious. There was enough room to eat, the refrigerator had it's own corner with a shelf so you didn't have to lay in bed and see it. I am so thankful for trip advisor and all the reviews you leave in helping to find out great things. I will stay at the Best Western every time I am in Virginia Beach. I truly loved it. House keeping was on point, every morning they were cleaning the grounds, quiet, peaceful and just awesome. Thanks trip advisor and thanks Best Western for an awesome stay! And let me not forget that the beds were very comfortable and the comforters were not those cheap ones.

Room Tip: Great stay, you will love it!
2 Thank mrsinformed
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

Rooms could be bigger and breakfast could be longer

• Stayed June 2011
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

Upon check in, I paid with cash, and the agent also took my card and charged it. When I finally realized what happened they acted like there was nothing done. When my son went and watched the tape with them, The Manager Raul was very rude and tried to say that the desk agent reached for a pen instead of my money (why she needed to put a pen inside her draw is besides me). We got the cops involved but they did not want to show the cops the video at all. This was by far the worst customer service I have ever received at a hotel.

Room Tip: Price is very high for location.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
bwcenter, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Center Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Center Inn.
In investigating your comments it has been brought to our attention that the review posted is inaccurate. We have taken the necessary steps in reviewing the time of check in and check out. During this process we have been in full cooperation with law enforcement and the guest to further prove that no cash was taken at the time of check in.