DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach
$157
Country Inn
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
$224
  • Beachfront
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$348
$235
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$114
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$160
$214
Hampton.com
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$205
$229
$219
GardenInn.com
1,418 results
All reviewsconvention centerdouble treewarm cookiesmax and ermasshuttle servicefree shuttlebusiness tripvery nice hotelbeach frontindoor poolconferenceproximityracevbhousekeeperboardwalk
Reviewed October 8, 2006

My husband, mother, brother-in-law, and I were at Virginia Beach from Oct 5-8. We booked the hotel through Priceline and were worried we found that the reservation was for a room with a King Bed. But the customer service was good and we were able to get a double room. The room was pretty nice. The furniture looked brand new. It was on the 4th floor. The bathroom was a little small and wasn't as nice as the rest of the room, but it was OK. The bed were really comfortable.

The hotel was around a mile and a mile a half from the beach. This turned out to be a good thing since with all the wind from the noreaster. Everytime we went down to the beach we would get pelted with blowing sand due to the high winds. It was much calmer away from the beach.

I thought the hotel was really nice. But there wasn't much to do close to it. During fair weather, I would recommended getting a hotel closer to the beach unless you are travelling on business and want to be close to the convention center.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank stray_chicken
Reviewed August 27, 2006

I was hesitant about booking this hotel based on some of the previous reviews but as a Diamond member of the Hilton program I couldn't pass up the opportunity to earn points. While my experience wasn't as horrendous as some of the other reviewers.

The renovations at the hotel appear to be complete. The bedroom area was clean, comfortable and quite attractive. The bathroom however was awful. They obviously spent very little time, money and effort renovating the bathrooms. The bathtub was filthy with several hairs in it (a huge pet peeve of mine). The bottom of the outside of the bathtub was rusting through and when I opened the door several bugs crawled across the floor and into the hole. The ceiling in the bathroom had a huge mildew stain above the shower and another around the sprinklerhead. It was absolutely disgusting.

The staff was pleasant enough and the restaurant had a pretty good breakfast buffet although the continental buffet selection was pretty poor.

The hotel is a little longer than the 6 blocks they advertise to the beach. I used the hotel only for a one night stopover until I could check into a hotel on the beach. I would not recommend a long stay particularly if you don't like little kids running amock around the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Travelfool11
Reviewed August 21, 2006

I stayed at the Doubletree August 14 - 18. I paid $99 a night and I must say I was a little skeptical after reading all the horrible reviews. Upon arrival I was very relieved. The hotel was nice, staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, and the room was great. The bed is wonderful, big and very comfortable. The shuttle to the beach was also nice, although we just drove most of the time. It is only $5 to park all day. I was torn between staying on the beach and staying at the Doubletree and I can honestly stay after our trip I would not stay anywhere else. Also, most of the hotels on the beach look pretty crappy and you will have to deal with all the noise.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank QB18000
Reviewed August 18, 2006

We stayed at the Dbl tree Aug 11-12, 2006. Beware if you have allergies... Every trip through the lobby or shared elevator ride included a guest with small dog. All were leashed and well behaved, but if you cannot be in close proximity to dogs, or stay in a room where an animal has been, choose another hotel. Otherwise, a nice hotel, reasonable rate. The shuttle service to the beach was convenient, and took us right to 19th street about a 2 block walk to the oceanside. All hotel staff were firiendly and knowledgeable regarding the area, directions and activities. Indoor pool very small and water cloudy. Did not eat in the restaurant.

6  Thank FamMar
Reviewed August 14, 2006

I stayed here and while the rooms are nice, the staff could care less about a huge group of teenage kids staying there the week I was there. One night I called the front desk at 12:30 AM to report that the kids were running up and down the hall, banging on each other's doors, screaming, etc. First of all, I could not get the front desk to even answer the phone while letting it ring up to 30 times. On the 4th call, I got someone to answer, and they said that yes, there is a large group of unchaperoned teenage kids staying there, and there is nothing that they can do about it!! Finally, at 2:30 AM in the morning I called again, and someone else answered, said they had gotten some complaints and "security was on their way". Well, 30 minutes later (3 AM) security showed up, and told them to be quiet.

The next morning, I checked out early, after finding another hotel - and at the front desk they gave me an argument - saying "what do you expect in the summer at the beach"? I was here on business, adn this hotel is not at the beach anyway, it is a mile from it. You come to a hotel to sleep, but this place seems to think that doesn't matter. I have written a letter to Hilton to complain about this place and their staff who seems to care less about the individual traveler, then making sure they are getting revenue from large groups of travelers. For one thing, in the room across from me, I could see at least 6 people were staying in it, which would seem to be overcrowding.

If you want to sleep, stay away from here in the summer. Security - if they actually walked the halls, would have observed the zoo that was going on starting at midnight and continuing until 2:30 AM in the morning, when the front desk sort of brushed it off as nothing that they could do about it.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank fdeitz