Before going to stay at the Doubletree in VA Beach, I read countless reviews on how bad it was. I am now wondering if the bad reviews were from people who really stayed there or if they were from competitors trying to snatch business away from a hotel that had cheaper rates. It is true they are undergoing renovations, which are now almost done, so I am sure some guests had unfortunate incidents during their stays. It is just a fact of life...some people are lucky and some are not. I can honestly say I did not experience one bad incident during my 4 night stay. At a price of $91 a night, one could not ask for better accomidations at such a reasonable price. I did not have a single problem with the friendly staff, I always had a clean room, hot water etc... So the beach isn't right outside the door, is it really too much (if one doesn't want to take the shuttle from the hotel that runs every half hour) of a hassle to drive to the end of the street (about 8 blocks) and pay $5 on weekdays or $7 on weekends to park all day in the city lot?? So a room might not stand up to a military "white glove" inspection of cleanliness, the rooms are affordable, clean and comfortable. The whole point of being at Virginia Beach in the summer is to be AT the beach not in the hotel room. The Doubletree is not some sort of luxury spa/resort where guest are expecting the hotel to pamper them and be the center of their travel. The Doubletree is a more than adaquate hotel at a very affordable price in a very fun location. Get out and enjoy the beach with the money you save on the hotel room, yet one will be able to relax at the end of a busy day in a comfortable hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach is perfectly located adjacent to the Virginia Beach Convention Center in the resort area of Virginia Beach. The Hotel is just eight blocks from the sand and surf of the beautiful Virginia Beach Oceanfront and Boardwalk. Our newly-appointed, spacious guestrooms set us apart from the others, and feature all the comforts of home with a long list of amenities to include Neutrogena products. For your convenience, we have upgraded the high-speed Internet access that is available in all guestrooms and meeting rooms. Enjoy a workout in our Precor® Fitness Center, take a dip in the indoor pool or sunbathe on our sundeck. Our on-site Max & Erma's Restaurant is ready to serve you from sunrise to sundown. Whether you visit for business, vacation or getaway weekend, our friendly, helpful staff at the Doubletree Hotel Virginia Beach looks forward to welcoming you with our special, signature warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelPower, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Doubletree Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Doubletree