“Love this hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Powhatan, United States
“Love this hotel!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel in Virginia Beach twice now and I have loved it equally both times! The staff is very friendly. The hotel is very, very nice and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Devon B
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you so much for the compliments. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

John Zirkle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Royal Oak, Maryland
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The hotel was nice and average cleaness.They charge me & my wife for a two nite stay that was discounted some.The hotel doors to the room were very noise thru out the nite.The would'nt drain right.I didnt think it was worth the money...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sandbarjonny
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I will be sharing your feedback with our team so we can make improvements.

Thomasville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The staff was very helpful at check-in and the cookies area nice touch. The room itself was very nice and clean , however the bed was a big disappointment and nowhere near the quality level that should be expected at a doubletree hotel. The bed was very uncomfortable and when we lay down on the bed our heads were lower than our feet, plus if you got to close the side, you might just roll off due to no support. The restaurant has gone downhill since last year, with poor service and subpar food. Once agin , not the level that you would expect from a doubletree hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to see our staff was helpful and your room was nice and clean. I am sorry the bed was not up to par. Our engineering and housekeeping teams are already taking action to replace the bed. I also apologize for the deficiencies in the restaurant. I have shared your comments with our team and you will see improvement on your next visit. We appreciate and value feedback such as yours as it allows us to continuously improve our product and service.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This place is fantastic! When I first checked in, Kyle (sp?) was so friendly! He took the time to learn my name and the check-in process was a breeze! I did have a problem with my original room, but Baily took care of the situation switching me over to another room! When I was checking out, Kyle was there again, and took care of me yet again. I really hate to complain, but they did a great job handling everything, Everyone at the front desk was super friendly, and took their time to address each situation! Thank you so much!
My boyfriend and I did not mind the walk from the hotel to the beach and back. FYI, it is about a mile down from the hotel. If you dislike walking, they offer a comp shuttle from the hotel to the beach (runs every half hour)! Parking is also free at the hotel, and they'll write you up a pass so you don't get towed. Oh and it's a DoubleTree, do not forget about their yummy cookies at check-in!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your review. I was happy to see you had a good stay and our team took great care of you. I do apologize for any issues you may have experienced. We do our best to Create A Rewarding Experience (we call the CARE) for each guest and I am pleased to see we showed our "CARE" culture to you on this visit. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again soon!

Dumfries, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Excellent overall experience. Amenities, including the room, gym, reception area, etc., were clean and welcoming. The service, from check-in to housekeeping, to check-out, was excellent. The food at the restaurant is good, but service needs much improvement. It took well over an hour to be served when the restaurant was not close to capacity. That was the single blight during an otherwise enjoyable stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the slow service in the restaurant. I will be working with the restaurant team to improve staffing and service. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the weekend before Memorial Day weekend. We could not find any hotels available in the area due to several events going on in the area. We stumbled on this hotel while driving around and they had rooms available at a better rate than some of the holes in the wall hotels on the strip. The room was very clean and updated. They offer a nice mini fridge with a microwave and coffee maker. Nothing extra fancy but for the price it was a great stay. The staff was friendly and they are about only 8 blocks from the beach. I recommend this place for families who want the beach trip without breaking your pockets and without the craziness of the strip hotels.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nee167
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business and recommendation to others. We hope to see you again soon!

Kent, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel has a great NICE staff. They are willing to help you out with what you need. However, they are soo short staffed that the staff can only help with so much. I have stayed there for about 6 weeks total and each visit is the same thing. SHORT STAFFED, especially in the Max and Ermas part. The staff in the restaurant runs around like crazy trying their best but its never enough. I have ate at the restaurant about 10 times and I have only ONCE got the cookies that I ordered in less than an hour. Half of the times I do end up leaving because the waitress or waiter forgets to put the order in. I do not blame the staff for the issues. It truly comes from the management and not hiring the appropriate people. This place is such a nice environment but its ruined by stressed out staff members.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry for the poor experience you had in our restaurant. I will be reviewing your comments with our management team so we can take action to ensure better staffing. We appreciate such feedback and use it to continuously improve our product and service. I do hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to the Virginia Beach area.