“Nice and friendly staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Suffolk, United States
“Nice and friendly staff”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Double Tree has a great personnel that makes your stay enjoyable. The hotel could use some updating though, however the staff truly makes up for it. If you are looking to stay in Virginia Beach for anything, then you should seriously consider staying here.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

John Zirkle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Midway Park, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The stay was nice, but I left my charging cord in the hotel. I called the next day and was transferred to housekeeping, where I had to leave a message. However, nobody returned my call. I am very disappointed that they won't even return my call.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

While I was happy to see you had a nice experience, I do apologize that no one has returned your call regarding your lost cord. Please call me directly and I will personally follow up.

Thanks
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great location. Max & Erma's was good and very convenient to have in the hotel. The hotel is visibly old and the bed wasn't comfortable. But overall a good stay for a good price and close to the interstate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Shannon A
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you felt the bed was uncomfortable. We will be checking this and taking necessary action to correct as we are known for having very comfortable beds. I do hope you will stay with us again.

Richmond, VA, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is an excellent Hotel close to the interstate and to the beach. The Hotel staff is great, the restaurant is very good. It is conveniently located to the beach and to the interstate and it is pet friendly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
We are all happy to see you enjoyed your stay and staff was great. Thank you for the compliments. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed over the weekend 3/7-3/9 and we enjoyed our stay. The front desk called our room several times to ask us about our stay and to make sure we were comfortable and also took the time out to let us know about the coupons and gift cards. We didnt try out Max and Ermas but the food did smell good. We were greeted with fresh cookies and they were delicious by the way (YUM!) Front desk staff was very nice and always had a smile on their faces. Now the minor issue was the bathroom. there were little cracks in the floor and also on the toliet when you put the lid down its a big brownish mark. It kinda looks a skid mark but its not it may have gotten there from someone leaving a flat iron on and it burning it..not sure. you guys might want to do something about that. it was room 915. Overrall i enjoyed myself the bed was comfortable and i would def stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the cracked tile on the bathroom floor and the toilet lid. We have replaced the toilet lid and will be repairing the tile soon. I was happy to see our staff treated you well and that you will stay again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Pasadena, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Excellent hotel and staff. always freindly and the bartender in the restaraunt always remebers patrons by there first name. I have stayed in this hotel 2 times in the past and will be staying their every 3 week of the month for the next year. I will recomend this hotel to all of my freinds and family

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We are so pleased to see you enjoy staying with the Doubletree by Hilton Virginia Beach. Thank you for the compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Spent President's Day week in Va Beach for a business trip. I found this Double Tree extremely accomodating. In particular, I especially felt welcomed by Baily's reception at the front desk. She has an awesome personality, which set a positive tone for the whole trip. The hotel is very close (3-min drive) to key restaurants, pubs, and night life on Pacific Ave. The restaurant in the Double Tree, Max & Ermas, is a fun place to eat and socialize. It's attached to the hotel so when you exit the elavator you walk right into the nice restaurant / bar. I ate two meals there and enjoyed the food selection. The prices was reasonable and fair. The food quality was excellent. I recommend the Talapia or Philly Cheesesteak. Their happy hour specials bring in big crowds, due to the low prices for a pint of beer. If you want to step outside the Max&Erma's bar for some fresh air there is a large furnished patio to accomodate the guests. I had a good conversation with the bar tender named Brewer. He's very knowledgable about bourbon. I also used the fitness center. They have dumbells from 5-50lbs, a cable weight machine, and plenty of modern cardio machines with attached TVs. It's also a spacious fitness center, which means not feeling boxed in. I honestly had three above average workouts while staying at the hotel. From the beginning, the reception (thanks Baily) set a good tone and I stayed on that vibe for the 5-days and 4-nights I was a guest. The rooms are quiet, well decorated, and nicely furnished. Check this place out, the overall appearance of the hotel is excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see how much you enjoyed your stay. I will be sharing your comments with our team so we can continue to exceed our guest's expectations. We hope to have you stay again soon!