“Nice Experience”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The stay was nice, but I left my charging cord in the hotel. I called the next day and was transferred to housekeeping, where I had to leave a message. However, nobody returned my call. I am very disappointed that they won't even return my call.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

While I was happy to see you had a nice experience, I do apologize that no one has returned your call regarding your lost cord. Please call me directly and I will personally follow up.

Thanks

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great location. Max & Erma's was good and very convenient to have in the hotel. The hotel is visibly old and the bed wasn't comfortable. But overall a good stay for a good price and close to the interstate.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Shannon A

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you felt the bed was uncomfortable. We will be checking this and taking necessary action to correct as we are known for having very comfortable beds. I do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is an excellent Hotel close to the interstate and to the beach. The Hotel staff is great, the restaurant is very good. It is conveniently located to the beach and to the interstate and it is pet friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

We are all happy to see you enjoyed your stay and staff was great. Thank you for the compliments. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed over the weekend 3/7-3/9 and we enjoyed our stay. The front desk called our room several times to ask us about our stay and to make sure we were comfortable and also took the time out to let us know about the coupons and gift cards. We didnt try out Max and Ermas but the food did smell good. We were greeted with fresh cookies and they were delicious by the way (YUM!) Front desk staff was very nice and always had a smile on their faces. Now the minor issue was the bathroom. there were little cracks in the floor and also on the toliet when you put the lid down its a big brownish mark. It kinda looks a skid mark but its not it may have gotten there from someone leaving a flat iron on and it burning it..not sure. you guys might want to do something about that. it was room 915. Overrall i enjoyed myself the bed was comfortable and i would def stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the cracked tile on the bathroom floor and the toilet lid. We have replaced the toilet lid and will be repairing the tile soon. I was happy to see our staff treated you well and that you will stay again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Excellent hotel and staff. always freindly and the bartender in the restaraunt always remebers patrons by there first name. I have stayed in this hotel 2 times in the past and will be staying their every 3 week of the month for the next year. I will recomend this hotel to all of my freinds and family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

We are so pleased to see you enjoy staying with the Doubletree by Hilton Virginia Beach. Thank you for the compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Spent President's Day week in Va Beach for a business trip. I found this Double Tree extremely accomodating. In particular, I especially felt welcomed by Baily's reception at the front desk. She has an awesome personality, which set a positive tone for the whole trip. The hotel is very close (3-min drive) to key restaurants, pubs, and night life on Pacific Ave. The restaurant in the Double Tree, Max & Ermas, is a fun place to eat and socialize. It's attached to the hotel so when you exit the elavator you walk right into the nice restaurant / bar. I ate two meals there and enjoyed the food selection. The prices was reasonable and fair. The food quality was excellent. I recommend the Talapia or Philly Cheesesteak. Their happy hour specials bring in big crowds, due to the low prices for a pint of beer. If you want to step outside the Max&Erma's bar for some fresh air there is a large furnished patio to accomodate the guests. I had a good conversation with the bar tender named Brewer. He's very knowledgable about bourbon. I also used the fitness center. They have dumbells from 5-50lbs, a cable weight machine, and plenty of modern cardio machines with attached TVs. It's also a spacious fitness center, which means not feeling boxed in. I honestly had three above average workouts while staying at the hotel. From the beginning, the reception (thanks Baily) set a good tone and I stayed on that vibe for the 5-days and 4-nights I was a guest. The rooms are quiet, well decorated, and nicely furnished. Check this place out, the overall appearance of the hotel is excellent.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see how much you enjoyed your stay. I will be sharing your comments with our team so we can continue to exceed our guest's expectations. We hope to have you stay again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Our check-in was scheduled for 3pm. At 3pm, we drove to the hotel from a local event. The room was not ready. They gave us cookies. At 4:30 we drove back on the way to a dinner that was scheduled off site to drop our bags off. The room was ready but they could not give us the key because the floor "Supervisor" had to check the room for excellence. Apparently the staff had been in a meeting all afternoon. Bad timing! They gave us more cookies with an apology. So, we left for dinner to meet our group, still not checked in. This was on the Honors floor for their special loyal guests! When we finally got in, way later, it was a clean and well decorated place to sleep. Didn't like the gap between the carpet and the door. All else was fine for the two days we were there. The bar was GREAT! Joe was the best bartender ever! The restaurant for lunch was very good! The restaurant was OK for breakfast. The "free" Honors level breakfast consisted of muffins, cereal and toast. If you wanted hot stuff like eggs it costs about $4 extra per person. Other than the hotel being really close to the Conference Center, it was nothing that stood out as being far above the standard clean room for sleeping.

Room Tip: Lots of (Navy??) fighter low flying jet noise if you are on the top floor. WOW are they loud! They d...