Spent President's Day week in Va Beach for a business trip. I found this Double Tree extremely accomodating. In particular, I especially felt welcomed by Baily's reception at the front desk. She has an awesome personality, which set a positive tone for the whole trip. The hotel is very close (3-min drive) to key restaurants, pubs, and night life on Pacific Ave. The restaurant in the Double Tree, Max & Ermas, is a fun place to eat and socialize. It's attached to the hotel so when you exit the elavator you walk right into the nice restaurant / bar. I ate two meals there and enjoyed the food selection. The prices was reasonable and fair. The food quality was excellent. I recommend the Talapia or Philly Cheesesteak. Their happy hour specials bring in big crowds, due to the low prices for a pint of beer. If you want to step outside the Max&Erma's bar for some fresh air there is a large furnished patio to accomodate the guests. I had a good conversation with the bar tender named Brewer. He's very knowledgable about bourbon. I also used the fitness center. They have dumbells from 5-50lbs, a cable weight machine, and plenty of modern cardio machines with attached TVs. It's also a spacious fitness center, which means not feeling boxed in. I honestly had three above average workouts while staying at the hotel. From the beginning, the reception (thanks Baily) set a good tone and I stayed on that vibe for the 5-days and 4-nights I was a guest. The rooms are quiet, well decorated, and nicely furnished. Check this place out, the overall appearance of the hotel is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach is perfectly located adjacent to the Virginia Beach Convention Center in the resort area of Virginia Beach. The Hotel is just eight blocks from the sand and surf of the beautiful Virginia Beach Oceanfront and Boardwalk. Our newly-appointed, spacious guestrooms set us apart from the others, and feature all the comforts of home with a long list of amenities to include Neutrogena products. For your convenience, we have upgraded the high-speed Internet access that is available in all guestrooms and meeting rooms. Enjoy a workout in our Precor® Fitness Center, take a dip in the indoor pool or sunbathe on our sundeck. Our on-site Max & Erma's Restaurant is ready to serve you from sunrise to sundown. Whether you visit for business, vacation or getaway weekend, our friendly, helpful staff at the Doubletree Hotel Virginia Beach looks forward to welcoming you with our special, signature warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Doubletree Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Doubletree