Happy 2014!!! This was our 3rd year celebrating New Years at the Double Tree. The staff couldn't have been nicer - the banquet manager even found some party hats, necklaces, etc., for my grandchildren which was amazing! The "Double Tree cookies are always sooo delicious, warm and gooey!!!!!
The hotel ball room and entrance way was decorated beautifully. Cocktail hour started at 7:00pm. The cocktail hour food was very good - delicious shrimp and a variety of other items. We enjoyed the cocktail hour food much better than the dinner but that was only our opinion. This year the cocktail hour food was better than previous years. The entree filet was very good but the crab cakes were cold and unappetizing. Getting the food out to the guests is very slow. The tables closest to the kitchen got their food first. They were totally done eating before we even got served (we were on the other side of the room). The band started playing at 9:00pm and we were just beginning to be served. Also noticed that the used glasses weren't removed and water wasn't replenished. I should have asked for more water but I didn't. The unlimited alcohol was just that - great bartenders and super strong drinks! Hot Cakes was the band who played. They do a great job and sound fantastic. The dance floor was packed so my husband and I found a corner with space enough for us to dance but unfortunately it was on the carpet which isn't the best for dancing. Would be nice if the dance floor was a lot bigger but I must say, this was a dancing crowd!!!
The gala also included an overnight stay with late checkout. We noticed new carpet and new bright lights in the hallway as well as our room being renovated. The only negatives in the room were: toilet seat needed to be replaced, poor lighting for applying make-up (lighting wasn't bright enough) and no magnifying mirror. The water pressure is very strong in the sink and in the shower. Beds and pillows were super comfy!
Did not eat breakfast at Max & Emma's.........
All in all had a great time! Please note, this review is just the opinion of my husband and myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach is perfectly located adjacent to the Virginia Beach Convention Center in the resort area of Virginia Beach. The Hotel is just eight blocks from the sand and surf of the beautiful Virginia Beach Oceanfront and Boardwalk. Our newly-appointed, spacious guestrooms set us apart from the others, and feature all the comforts of home with a long list of amenities to include Neutrogena products. For your convenience, we have upgraded the high-speed Internet access that is available in all guestrooms and meeting rooms. Enjoy a workout in our Precor® Fitness Center, take a dip in the indoor pool or sunbathe on our sundeck. Our on-site Max & Erma's Restaurant is ready to serve you from sunrise to sundown. Whether you visit for business, vacation or getaway weekend, our friendly, helpful staff at the Doubletree Hotel Virginia Beach looks forward to welcoming you with our special, signature warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Doubletree Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Doubletree