DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach
$159
Country Inn
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$348
$235
  • Pool
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$241
$215
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$114
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$160
Hotels.com
$214
Hampton.com
$224
$219
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$245
$205
1,417 results
All reviewsconvention centerdouble treewarm cookiesmax and ermasshuttle servicefree shuttlebusiness tripvery nice hotelbeach frontindoor poolconferenceproximityracevbhousekeeperboardwalk
A TripAdvisor Member
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times as a participant of the Wicked 10K, and have no complaints. The staff has always been very professional and helpful. The rooms are clean and the bedding very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

I was happy to see you enjoyed your stay. I hope you did well in the Wicked 10k and we hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Spent 3 nights in this hotel. Room furnishings were aged. Bathroom ceiling had a hole in it and there was rust around tub faucet. Housekeeping did not replenish bathroom articles each day. There needs to be a designated smoking area other than right outside the main entrance so that non-smokers don't have to be exposed to smoke. Ice machines were not working on my floor nor the ones above and below. Went to bar for ice and when I declined water (as to not spill on the way back to my room) the bartender told me that I had better not come back into the bar with a full glass otherwise insinuating I was bringing alcohol back into bar when I merely wanted a glass of ice water on my nightstand as I headed to bed!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. I wanted to personally apologize for the challenges you experienced. I will be sharing your comments with our team so we can coach those involved and improve. We have moved the smoking away from the main entrance.

We will be working hard to improve and hope you will come back to see us soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was in town for a conference. The location from the conference center is perfect...right across the parking lot. However, if you wish to go to the beach and eat somewhere other than the hotel, you have a short taxi ride which cost $3/mile. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff is awesome! And who can resist the hot cookie???

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

So happy to see you enjoyed your stay and the staff was awesome. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The proximity to the convention center for the start and finish lines of 10ks and half marathons make this property stellar. However, the property itself is showing its age and thankfully undergoing renovations. The toilet in the bathroom ran all night and there is such a large space under the room door that we could hear everything taking place in the hallway. I stuffed towels in the crack to mute the sound. There was also visible mold in the bathroom and the hair conditioner bottle was obviously used. We were also told at check in that in order to receive a guaranteed late check out, it would be a $50 fee. Seems that hotels are going down the path of the airlines.

The staff at the property were first rate. Attentive, prompt and very courteous. The bartender in the restaurant was top notch and had a wonderful sense of humor. The housekeeper on our floor thanked us for staying at this property. We did call the front desk early the next morning, talked with the manager and again requested a later check out due to our participation in the 10K race. She was very accommodating and gave us an extra hour.

After stuffing towels under the door to block the hallway noise, we slept extremely well. Comfy pillows and a good mattress!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. I have shared your comments with our team so we can make the necessary corrections. I was happy to see we were able to assist you on the late check out. We do typically charge for late check outs as we must ensure we have rooms clean and ready for our arriving guests. Thank you for understanding. We hope to see you again for the next race!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The staff at the Doubletree were friendly and very helpful. Many would go out of their way to assist their travelers. Access to the Convention Center was just across the parking lot and it was close enough to the beach activities to get there but far enough away to avoid the crowds.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the kind words. We hope to welcome you back again soon!