“Nice Area”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We travel with our two pugs that are like children to us. The area had a lot of places for long walks. Pet fees a little expensive compared to other hotels that we have stayed. We love the area and would come back in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I travel a lot for business and am rarely disappointed by a Hilton property, however in this case I was extremely disappointed. Hotel in need of an entire property update. Seemed dirty, dated and worn out. Elevators not all working as they were apparently being updated.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carolyn K
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to see you were disappointed with your stay. We are in the process of upgrading our elevators to improve their speed and efficiency. Unfortunately, that means we have one out of service while it is being upgraded. The new elevators will be much faster and efficient. We have many property upgrades coming before the end of the year. I do hope you will stay with us again and see the improvements.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Double Tree in Virginia Beach was awesome. From the warm cookie at check in to the extreme helpfulness of the entire staff, my daughter and I had a great experience. The restaurant's food was excellent. The concierge service was extremely helpful. Probably the best service was the free shuttle ride to the beach. Although only a few blocks away, it was much easier to take the shuttle instead of carrying all of our beach stuff down the street. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. Check in and checkout was very organized and efficient. Plenty of parking. Pool was very clean as was fitness center.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the kind words and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had an overnight Stay at the Double Tree for a Karate Tournament at the convention center, which is just a short walk across the parking lot. I thought the hotel was great. It was clean and met our needs. We were even upgraded to a suite, and made it even greater. We pre-ordered sandwiches that were delivered to our room shortly after we arrived. This was a plus because it allowed us to eat and then walk across the parking lot for the evening event. Even though breakfast was not inclued, the cost was reasonable and the selection was good. Overall, I was pleased with the hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and would stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We attended a seminar at the VB Convention Center. We chose the DT since it was next door. Our room was neat and clean as we expected from a Hilton property. The hotel is a mile or so away from the beach. They did run a free shuttle every 1/2 hour down towards the beach area from 8AM - 10PM. Overall, the hotel met our needs and I would not hesitate to stay there again if doing business away from the beach front.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. So happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

but....no free breakfast. Other than no free breakfast the room was great, the hotel and service was great and it had an indoor pool and indoor gym. Overall great place to stay at a great rate. I will definitely be staying here again in the near future with my family.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you for our review. We are very happy to see that you had a great stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

It was an ok stay. The room had a smell of mustiness. I didn't like the fact that I could not leave my dogs unattended in my room according to your pet policy. I was unable to enjoy a dinner out that night. My dogs are good and they don't bark. If your hotel wants dogs in the hotel, then why tell the owner that the dog must be with them at all times. I can't take a dog in a restaurant. I will not be staying at your hotel again for just this reason. I have stayed at other hotels that are pet friendly and they allow me to leave them in the room. I would never leave my dogs all day or in the room when housekeeping needs to be in. My dogs are also litter box trained and don't leave any accidents.

1  Thank PattyG531
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for you review. We do our best to be as pet friendly as possible. In fact, we are one of the few hotels in the resort area that accepts dogs. While I am sure your dog does not bark when left alone in an environment other than home, we have found most dogs do bark at some point when left alone in the hotel room. This disturbs our other guests, which is why we have the rule that dogs cannot be left unattended in guestrooms. I hope you can appreciate our reasoning.