I am sad to say that our return trip to the doubletree in va beach was not a happy one. We had stayed here last year and were very pleased and were excited about our return once again this year. We stayed in room 630 from 7/8 to 7/13. I am actually writing this on our final night as we sit listening to the loud guests all around us due to the very thin walls of the hotel. I do want to make note that the staff are very friendly and were very responsive to all our concerns. However I believe the hotel is suffering from its age and some poor management.
Upon our arrival we were given room 630. The first thing we noticed was a continuous dripping from the bathroom shower. The shower also made a very bad vibrating noise when turned on. This could also be heard from other guests rooms. It sounds very much like a jack hammer. In fact I am listening to it now at 2 am as one of my fellow guests are getting a shower. Also the drain did not drain and had to be rigged in order to drain. Otherwise the tub filled with water. Our room smelled of mildew as well. On our first evening we were awakened by a noise at about 4:30 am. At first we didn't know hat it was and I went outside to check. Another guest informed me it was the fire alarm and that it was for real. We were told to evacuate and we got our 3 and 7 year old up and headed outside. Outside we waited as fire trucks arrived and firemen entered the building. After about 40 minutes we were told to enter the building by the firemen. At no time did any member of the hotel staff address what was going on. Also our room alarm never sounded. We had left our key in the room and had to go to the front desk to get it and informed the front guest attendant that our room alarm never sounded and had we not checked with our fellow guests we would have had no idea we needed to evacuate. This was the only time we encountered a rude individual as she told us she didn't know why it didnt.
The next day and every subseQuent day of our stay we never were provided fresh towels from housekeeping. Every single day our towels were taken but never replaced and we had to call to have new ones brought up. To the hotels credit besides the last day this was promptly handled. On our last night...tonight the 12th.....our room was not even cleaned. We then called and requested new towels and to have the room cleaned. The towels took 30 minutes to arrive causing us to be late for a dinner reservation. To the hotels credit the room was cleaned when we returned after dinner. This evening has been very loud and noisy between the showers of other guests to the thin walls and hearing loud voices. Currently for the 5th time I am being disturbed by the jack hammer sounds of my neighbor taking a shower.
On top of all the this the elevators have been a nightmare. Some days only one was operating. And the one operating was going at a snails pace. It is very disappointing to of had our second experience at the doubletree to have gone as it did. Most likely will be choosing a new hotel next year. Decided to stay an extra night and booked he ramada instead of another night here. It's a real shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach is perfectly located adjacent to the Virginia Beach Convention Center in the resort area of Virginia Beach. The Hotel is just eight blocks from the sand and surf of the beautiful Virginia Beach Oceanfront and Boardwalk. Our newly-appointed, spacious guestrooms set us apart from the others, and feature all the comforts of home with a long list of amenities to include Neutrogena products. For your convenience, we have upgraded the high-speed Internet access that is available in all guestrooms and meeting rooms. Enjoy a workout in our Precor® Fitness Center, take a dip in the indoor pool or sunbathe on our sundeck. Our on-site Max & Erma's Restaurant is ready to serve you from sunrise to sundown. Whether you visit for business, vacation or getaway weekend, our friendly, helpful staff at the Doubletree Hotel Virginia Beach looks forward to welcoming you with our special, signature warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Doubletree Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Doubletree