“Wonderfull Staff!!! Great Customer Service!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Came to town for Beach Wedding. 1st time in VA Beach, while I was not impressed with the beach it self, the reception I received at this hotel more than made up for it. The lobby and common areas are lovely. We arrived in the middle of the night and the staff was warm and friendly, which helped after a long drive. The next morning staff went out of the way to assist us in locating the facility the wedding was held at. And upon our return we were once again greeted by friendly staff and excellent customer service. Additionally the our house keeper was wonderful and he did an excellent job of anticipating our need for extra towels and toiletries during out stay. During the warm months the hotel offers a free shuttle to the beach which is great if you don’t wish to drive. Overall this was a wonderful experience for a first time visit to VA Beach.

Room Tip: They have VIP Floors that are very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank S G
DTbyHiltonVB_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear S G:
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your first visit to Virginia Beach and hope that you will be back to see us again soon. We take great pride in providing excellent customer service, and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the warmth of our hospitality.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Doubletree on a Saturday night while visiting friends in the area. Overall we enjoyed our experience. Parking is free but a fairly long walk from the front door reception area (not fun in the rain). The front desk clerks were very friendly and offered us the signature free Doubletree cookies both at check-in and check-out. We were upgraded for free to a room on the 12th floor, which is the "HHonors VIP" level. The decor in the room was a bit dated; the furniture and bathroom were showing their age, but the bed and lounge chair were very comfortable. Unlike in many hotels, the high-definition TV actually showed high-definition channels. We liked the location--right off of I-264, not far from the beach, and close to restaurants and shopping on Laskin Road. If you're here without a car, we noticed many taxis cruising nearby. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rory F

Dear Rory F:
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and received warm, friendly service from our staff. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed here for a convention. The convention center is a couple of blocks from the hotel. I liked the room, but it did smell a bit like air freshener. The bed was great: nice sheets and pillows. My phone did not work, I had could not get the alarm to work on the clock radio, and when I took a shower, the tub filled up 4" - 5" with water. The hallways were not very bright and my key card always needed several attemps to open the door.

Dear oscar1592:
Thank you for taking time to rate us on TripAdvisor! I do apologize that there were problems with the phone and the alarm clock as well as the tub drain. These are issues that should all be prevented. Our Executive Housekeeper has relayed these concerns to our staff and with their continued focus on ensuring that everything in the room is clean and in working order, I'm confident we will do a better job in preventing future guests from having the same experience.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel was filled with mold. My allergies were inflamed and I was sick for my entire vacation 1 week. My children were also affected. There was also a lack of service personnel leading to long wait times and rooms not being prepared for our check in time. The disability room was lacking the essentials, (no shower bar or toliet bar). I will never use this hotel brand for any future vacations.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Lahonda C

Dear Lahonda C:
I do apologize for the wait to check in as well as the allergy issues you and your family experienced. Our guests' comfort is extremely important, as is providing appropriate accommodations. We have several ADA rooms on property and all are in compliance. However, if there was anything we could have done during your visit to make you more comfortable, we would have done so gladly. Again, I apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory and would be grateful for any additional information you can share to ensure all concerns are addressed.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Max & Ermas need to close down and stay closed. Stayed at the Doubletree twice in the past week - understand issues while they are remodeling but this restaurant is less that terrible from the food to the service team. No one in the place last Monday evening except the football team - Virgina Destroyer ?? No wait staff knew I was sitting at a table - when one did show up to take a drink order she said she was the only one working the tables - she returned with wrong drink and said silly me. My first 4 items that I tried to order are no longer on the menu but are still listed.

Tried breakfast the next morning - had the buffet - ate and finished with no one coming over to the table - no water - on juice - no coffee

Because of this the Doubletree VA is now off my preferred list.

Room Tip: You have been warned
8  Thank bake4ugm
DTbyHiltonVB_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear bake4ugm:
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. We're sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and we've shared your comments with our team so we can do a better job of providing wonderful hospitality and service to our guests. The next time you travel to the area, we hope that you'll be our guest again.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

It's like a time warp -- going back to an old style hotel/motel, My room must have been renovated, because it was clean enough and the bed was fine along with the TV and desk for working. Door locks need replacing -- card swipe takes 3 or 4 tries each time before working. Elevators slow and a bit dingy. Very convenient for the convention center (although there is a walk, noticeable when it rains). Front desk very courteous. A place like this should NOT charge for WiFi (which is only moderately fast). The bar waitress was first rate.

2  Thank EagleEyeBoston

Dear EagleEyeBoston:
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am please that you enjoyed your room and received great service from our staff. We are in the process of replacing door locks; however, I do apologize that this impacted your stay. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel this past weekend--10-6/12 and the hotel was so outdated with stained carpet and walls in the rooms. Mold in the bathrooms and particularly worn furniture. How can you stay in business with a hotel in this awful shape. Rooms smell like bleach masked with air freshener. Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. 1.5 stars (generously speaking)!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jrbnupe

Dear jrbnupe:
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We are excited to install new carpeting during our off-season as well as some additional improvements in the guest rooms. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.