There is nothing good I can say about this hotel. This was my second stay (4/15/12 & 3/12/11).
The initial check-in was not a good experience. I checked in at 3PM but was told room was not ready till 4PM. At 5PM I returned and waited 5 minutes as the front desk clerk relayed back and forth with housekeeping on a LOUD 2-way radio as to the status of the room. Finally, they put me in a room, but when I got there the key cards didn't work so I had to trudge back down luggage in tow and WAIT again in the line of people till I was issued new cards.
The hotel room was OK, a bit dated with all the old carpeting, curtains, furniture and dimly lit bathroom. NO mini fridge, no microwave (Rm 520).
I could hear my neighbors TV's and some conversations when they laughed or sneezed. What really got me was the LOUD housekeeping staff. They were whooping it up and complaining about the condition of each room they opened to clean, and they worked until 5PM most days. I know their job is tough but at least they could do it quietly and not disturb guests!
TWO BIG NEGATIVES: NO FREE BREAKFAST, and CHARGES FOR INTERNET CONNECTION!
Well, there was free Wi-Fi in the lobby, if you could find a seat in the few chairs available. There were a dozen or more people avoiding charges by hanging out in the lobby on their laptops.
BOTTOM LINE: There are many other places to stay that will give you more bang for the buck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach is perfectly located adjacent to the Virginia Beach Convention Center in the resort area of Virginia Beach. The Hotel is just eight blocks from the sand and surf of the beautiful Virginia Beach Oceanfront and Boardwalk. Our newly-appointed, spacious guestrooms set us apart from the others, and feature all the comforts of home with a long list of amenities to include Neutrogena products. For your convenience, we have upgraded the high-speed Internet access that is available in all guestrooms and meeting rooms. Enjoy a workout in our Precor® Fitness Center, take a dip in the indoor pool or sunbathe on our sundeck. Our on-site Max & Erma's Restaurant is ready to serve you from sunrise to sundown. Whether you visit for business, vacation or getaway weekend, our friendly, helpful staff at the Doubletree Hotel Virginia Beach looks forward to welcoming you with our special, signature warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Doubletree Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Doubletree