“Nice facility - we'd use it again”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reston
“Nice facility - we'd use it again”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Had a nice stay while attending a wedding. Warm cookies at check in and check out made a hit with us!

Room Tip: We got our room dirictly from the hotel website
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Hannah_Murphy, CARE Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach here on TripAdvisor! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again at our property for vacations in the future! We promise to keep plenty of our DoubleTree chocolate chip cookies with walnuts warm for you!
Thank you again, and have a wonderful day!

CARE Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We checked in and got on the elevator to go to our room. We got stuck in the elevator. It took 20 minutes for them to get us out. Our bathroom smells musty. The tub fixtures are corroded. The upholstered chair is filthy dirty; I don't even want to sit in it. I have stayed at DoubleTree hotels before but this one sullied the brand.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank ItalianinGA
I would like to thank you for providing us with this feedback regarding your stay. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you have experienced, as these are absolutely not typical of our hotel whatsoever. I can assure you that I have addressed the cleanliness issues that you experienced in your bathroom, as well as with the furnishings in your room, directly with our Director of Housekeeping so that these issues will be taken care of. I have also spoken to our engineering department regarding our elevators, and this will be addressed as well. I truly hope that we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations at another time.
Thank you again for providing this feedback, and have a wonderful day!

Virginia
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Very nice older hotel. Rooms well kept. New parking area is great. Short walk to the beach. Service was great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay! I have shared your comments with our staff, and we truly look forward to welcoming you back for excellent stays in the future! Thank you again for your feedback, and have a wonderful day!

Norfolk
Reviewed May 23, 2011

very accomadating, needed early check in and late check out, it was no problem. Front desk staff was pleasant, Thanks Lakeisha !

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beverlee C
Hannah_Murphy, CARE Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach!
I am so glad that our fabulous front desk staff, Lakeshia in particular, was able to assist you during your stay! We are always happy to accomodate our guests, to ensure that your stay is exceptional from start to finish!
We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future! Thank you again for this feedback, and have a great day!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 22, 2011

The hotel is great! It is not right next to the beach, but it is about a 15 -20 min walk for people who want the exercise. Lakeshia at the front desk was very nice and helpful. She was able to answer whatever question I had for her. And if she didn't know, she would find the answer instead of making something up, or guessing and sending you on a wild goose chase, then apologizing later (Sorry just had a flash back). Anyway, you should enjoy your stay. Max Erma's is a restaurant within the hotel that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is good and the prices are not bad. As far as any bad comments about this hotel. I have none. There are always people who have bad experiences with hotels. I have had some of the worst experiences in some of the best hotels. It does not mean that the hotels are bad, unless there are a host of bad reviews then "Buyer Beware!"

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at our property! I am so completely thrilled to read that our wonderful front desk person, Lakeshia, made such a great impression during your stay! I have made certain that she is commended for providing such great service!
I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed our restaurant, Max & Erma's, and have passed along your kind words to our staff!
We truly hope to welcome you back as our return guest in the future, and I would like to thank you again for providing us with this feedback. Have a great day!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 20, 2011

You can walk to the Convention Center and that is a great benefit. There is no other closer hotel than the Doubletree. The beds are comfortable, the TVs are old, no HBO, fitness center is nice, the pool looked nice, arm rests on chair in my room were stained, bathroom was comfortable, towels are great, but the hallways are dimly lit and a bit gloomy. The Doubletree provides the basics for a comfortable stay and the price I paid, $119 per night with a breakfast each morning, was a good deal. Free Wi-Fi in the lobby with comfortable seating. I stayed four nights. You are not on the beach, but easy access to the Convention Center was more important to me. You can walk to the beach about 1 mile down 19th street safely and the public beaches are extremely clean.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Shellie H
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach! We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as this is our most valuable too as we strive to provide excellent service and quality at our hotel.
I am glad to hear that there were aspects of your stay that you enjoyed, but would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered.
I have spoken to my engineering department regarding lighting in the hallways, so that we may ensure that the best ambience possible is provided in our halls. This upcoming month, our brand new HD Flat Screen TVs will be installed, and will have HBO channels available. I apologize that this was not available during your stay.
I have also addressed the issue with the condition of your armchair with our staff, so that this is taken care of.
I hope that we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations and welcome you back as our return guest at another time! Thank you again for your feedback, and have a wonderful day!

Sagamore Hills, Ohio
Reviewed May 19, 2011

First I was greeted by Ashley K who was so friendly and joked with me. I think she could see I was a little ragged from my flight. She really did a great job signing me in and making me feel comfortable. All the staff was accommodating. My room was clean and welcoming. It was great there was a restaurant in the hotel, I ate there all three days I was there.

Thank-you for a great stay - Ashley. BTW, you handled all those young athletes with grace. All of them coming to the desk and asking questions would have made me crazy - you did great.

Room Tip: Join the travel club with Doubletree.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank buildergirl1987
Hannah_Murphy, CARE Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing this review about your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach. I am positively elated to read such a glowing review regarding our staff and property! I have shared your incredibly kind comments with all of our staff, and we are so truly pleased that we were able to make such a wonderful impression during your stay. Thank you, also, for your compliments about our fabulous front desk person, Ashley K, I have made certain that she is commended for a job well done!
We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back as a guest in the future! Thank you again for your feedback, and have a wonderful day!