“If only...”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“If only...”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

If only the service staff at check-in would have paid attention to the fact that I was on crutches and offered me (instead of my coworker) the room next to the elevator instead of at the very end of the hall, I would have rated the Service full marks. I will say that Carmen, one of the cleaning personnel, was very kind and helpful during my stay.

Room Tip: Comfy beds!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hannah_Murphy, CARE Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out this review regarding your stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate the feedback, as it is absolutely our most important tool in striving to provide the best possible service and quality at our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that one of our wonderful housekeeping staff, Carmen, was able to make such a great impression during your stay!
I would like to apologize, however, for your experience with our check-in staff. I have spoken with our entire staff about being particularly attentive to our guest's needs, so that this type of issue is avoided in the future. I am truly sorry for this experience, but I can assure you that we have rectified this on our property!
I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to exceed your expectations at another time. And more importantly, I wish you a speedy recovery! Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

CARE Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Flemington, NJ
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Everyone at this hotel was top notch in taking care of our needs. Place was spotless. One of the cleanest places I've stayed at. Restaurant staff was excellent and very attentive.

2 Thank traveler3222
Thank you so much for providing us with this feedback about your stay at our property! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay so thourougly, and I have shared your wonderful comments with our entire staff! We truly look forward to providing you with excellent service and quality during future stays, and definitely providing the "royal treatment"! Thank you again, and have a wonderful day!

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My experience was great. No complaints. When we arrived, we had a warm welcome from the front desk staff. And got a warm cookie (which was great after a long trip). Our room was nice...clean and welcoming. They had the air conditioning on, so it was cold. But we were able to change it to our liking. I feel the rooms were well decorated and updated. They will be getting flat screens soon, they said. The location is also great. Less than 3 minutes from the beach, which I think is great. ALSO, the room service was good too. The breakfast was so good. And it was a big breakfast too. Worth the money. I will definitely stay here again if I visit Virginia Beach.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank April B
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach! I am so elated to read such glowing compliments about our property! I have shared your wonderfully kind words with our staff, and we are so pleased that we were able to provide you with excellent quality and service during your stay! I truly hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back as a guest again in the future, and am pleased to let you know that the HD flat screen TVs will be installed at the end of this month! We'll keep some of those great cookies warm for you! :) Thank you again, and havea great day!

Reviewed May 13, 2011

A 3-star experience. Accommodations are satisfactory, but the rooms and accommodations are in need of renovation or refurbishment. This was certainly true on the Hilton Honors 11th floor: carpets, bathroom tile, lounge chair, etc. Desk staff very friendly and helpful, but undermanned. All but one visit to the front desk resulted in a small wait while staff answered phone calls or finished the call they were on - need to handle booking and reservations in the office vice front desk. Fitness center was excellent. Cleanliness: needs improvement. Somebody's hair was plastered on the shower wall. I left it there to see what would happen and it was still there when I left.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hannah_Murphy, CARE Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I would like to apologize for the issues that you have experienced. I can assure you these are absolutely not typical of our property whatsoever, and I am looking into these thoroughly to see what caused these to occur. I have addressed the quality of the room and halls on our 11th floor and cleanliness issues within your room directly with housekeeping management, and have been ensured this will be rectified. I have also spoken to our front desk management to ensure this staffing issue is corrected, so our guests are certain to receive not only friendly, but timely service!
I truly hope we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations at another time. I would like to thank you again for this feedback, and providing me the opportunity to address these issues. Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Every aspect of contact with staff members was beyond excellent, especially staff at front desk, Lakeshi & Kimber in particular were fantastic.
Room Service was great, even housekeeping staff were excellent.

2 Thank kfbtahoe
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach! I am so thrilled that our staff made such an excellent impression during your stay, we absolutely adore Lakeshia and Kimber at our front desk as well! I have made our entire staff aware of your kind words, and I thank you, truly for sharing them! We look forward to welcoming you back at another time! I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Our stay was great. The hotel room was very clean. The hotel is in a great location, right near shopping, restaurants and the highway. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. I would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pcuser1623
Hannah_Murphy, CARE Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to review our property! I am so elated to read that you enjoyed your stay, and I am so pleased that our staff made such a wonderful impression! I have made certain to share your kind words with our staff. We truly hope to welcome you back in the future! Thank you again for your feedback, and have a wonderful day!

Southampton, New Jersey
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Wow!!
Oustanding staff that exceeded my expectations. From the front check-in staff to the Max and Erma's Restaurant staff to the Management staff to the awesome Room Service to the Outstanding job of the Housekeeping staff.
I stay in a hotel every week. Double Tree in Virginia Beach is by far my Home away from Home!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank mak08088
Hannah_Murphy, CARE Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our property! We are so pleased to hear that your experience with us is so excellent! Thank you, sincerely, for your kind words, I will be certain to share them with our entire staff! We are so happy to welcome you back as our return guest, and we will continue to strive to provide you with wonderful stays! Thank you again, and have a wonderful day!