“Great Place to Stay in the Virginia Beach Area”

Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a great hotel. It is quiet and safe. They also have a very nice breakfast. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The staff is welcoming and friendly. The hotel is easy access to anything you'd want to see or do in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jennifer M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Greetings Needleworker,

Thank you so much for the review, we appreciate the time you took to write on tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the hotel, staff and area! We will see you when you are back in November!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach

Reviewed September 18, 2013

From NJ, so everything is much slower and people tell me i have the accent in their own southern twang lol. But however i stayed for here three days, two nightsand let me explain how the older gentleman (Matt. P) that works at the counter absolutely made my stay much more "Homelike" and "Charming" for lack of better word betters due to the fact he is extremely personable and will do anything he can to help you with almost anything within his means for those that do not understand what I am saying is that he was willing to do pretty much anything/everything for a customer whatsoever that he can within his job requirements/title so he doesnt risk his job. The complementary staff dinners on wednesdays are great with no complaints except they only serve tea, water, or juice with dinner. But not a big deal at all. However, from what i have read from recent reviews of this place is that they must have remodeled cause the complimentary computer that I am using at the current moment at the hotel sits on top of marble counter tops. Printer, Shredder, all with extremely up to date computer. Not windows 8 however, the performance is there. Room was cleaned very throughly each day while i was away everyday from 5am-6:30pm for work but every time i came back my room was clean, beds made, new towels ever day, wake up calls, and a very very good continental breakfast. However, if you are stuck on a place to stay in or around this area please stop at the Hampton Inn and hopefully (Matt P) will be working the counter and i guarantee that he will make you want to stay. If ever back in the area this will be my choice of place for stay with great access to major highway and several shopping centers and the VA beaches close by.

-John M.
Pemberton, New Jersey

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hi John,

Thank you so much for the great review! We appreciate you taking the time to give such great details about our property to the tripadvisor.com community! We also agree that Matt is one of our greatest assets. Anything we can do for you on future visits, please let us know!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Housekeeping at this property is not up to Hampton Inn standards. When the unmade bed, etc. issue was reported to the front desk, I was told the first day that I had left my "dreaming" sign on the door which wasn't the case. When I reported the same situation the second day, I was advised by the front desk that housekeeping was very busy...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for the review; we appreciate you sharing your experience. I apologize for the inconsistencies with housekeeping during your stay. We have shared your comments and addressed the issues with our housekeeping department and have taken steps to ensure those problems do not occur again. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and hope that you will continue to choose Hampton Inns in your travels.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel failed to clean the bathroom, vacuum the floor, and to provide adequate towels all weekend. I have stayed in this hotel before, even on Labor Day weekends but have never had this bad experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jennifer M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Kevin D.,

Than you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I apologize that your visit was not up to your usual standards. I can not explain why your room did not get cleaned properly during your visit, only express our regret that it was not done.

I reviewed your stay hisory as well as out internal logs and I didn't see any report from your room with any issues. I wish you had reported your concerns and let us have an opprotunity to correct the problems while you were here.

I am going to follow up with an email to discuss further, you have stayed here repeatedly and we want to make sure that this experience doesn't change that.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Expected better for the price paid. This is an older Hampton Inn and it is not as bright and cheerful as some of the newer Hamptons that I have stayed at. The bathroom tub has problems with the finishing and looks horrible. The room was dark, small and the décor looked tired and 20 years behind the times. The breakfast was okay (the waffle maker emits a horrible smell through out the lobby). The people working at the hotel were nice enough. Yet, for 160 a night, I expected more. Would probably check out the Holiday Inn next door next time that I'm in the area.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear John C.,

I am sorry that our property didn't meet your expectation on your recent visit. We are not the newest Hampton Inn around but we do our best to keep up to date. Our guest rooms were renovated in 2010 and have the most current furnishings. Our lobby area will be undergoing a renovation in January which will freshen the area a great deal.

I do apologize that the condition of the bathtub was less than perfect.

We know that you have many lodging choices in our area and appreciate you staying with us.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here for my Virginia beach vacation. Its definitely not close to the beach and needs a good 30 minute drive to the beach area (dependent on traffic). But, I found it to be a decent to good alternative to the pricier beach hotels.

The rooms are clean and well decked. The hotel has a gym and pool as well. and Serves good breakfast.

Parking is ample and there is no hassle for anything.

I wouldn't say its out of the world or very good ...simply because its not. But I liked my stay and may go back there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Earn@Travel!

Thank you for the review of our hotel! It sounds as if you ran into traffic on your way to the beach, the typical 10-12 minute drive taking 30 minutes is definately unusual!

We are glad that you enjoyed a more economical hotel choice and would consider us again in the future.

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I selected this hotel because we didn't want to be directly on the beach. We found the hotel room to be clean - spacious bathroom with four sets of towels and washcloths. Free Wi-Fi available - coffee maker and refrigerator in the room-I found the bed to be a little firmer than what I like - but it was okay. The breakfast buffet offered waffles you could make, cereals, oatmeal, eggs and sausage and danishes. The pool was outside, which we didn't use. Upon checking in - they said there was a 25.00 per day fee added to our credit card to cover incidentals - which I didn't particularly like. They said the fee would be taken off when we checked out. I would prefer to be charged if I charged something instead of being charged "just in case". They need to replace the carpet in the elevators -they are stained pretty badly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Cmariert ,

Thank you for your detailed review of your experience at out Hampton Inn! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of our amenities like the wi-fi and breakfast.

We do authorize funds for potential incidental charges for every guest which is a commom practice at all hotels. The purpose is to ensure there are funds available in the even that additional charges are placed on the room. Simply, we require all guests establish credit upon arrival.

Again, thank you for the review and we hope you consider us for a future visit.