I was a bit concerned reading some of the other reviews but the hotel was right near St. Mary's Home where we had an appointment at. However, the room was fabulously clean, contained a small fridge and microwave and just very nice. We were on the third floor above the pool. Unfortunately there was a convention of the Fraternal Order of Eagles at the nearby Holiday Inn and many of them were staying at the hotel. These are men and women in their late 50's to 70's that were running around like a bunch of drunk college kids on Spring Break. After midnight there were two women at the pool drinking and speaking loudly using language not appropriate for "polite society". I called the front desk and evidently I wasn't the only one. It took about 5 minutes for the security guard to get there but he finally ran them out. Unfortunately they were also on my floor so I heard them coming down the hall again like they were teenagers.
The breakfast was typical for the Hampton Inn and was fine.
The only reason this does not get five stars as it would have been better had there been more security as they had signs up all over the place saying "No Parties" and "No Alcohol" at the pool. It is unfortunate that a group of people who should know better act like such fools. I was never able to fall back to sleep and was not a happy camper about that. We checked in on June 20th and left the morning of the 21st.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach is situated between both cities with easy access to each. We are a short drive from the Norfolk International Airport and Virginia Beach Convention Center. Our hotel is conveniently located to area businesses and military bases, including Northrop Grumman, Riverside Corporate Center, Oceana, and Dam Neck. Enjoy free hot breakfast with Hampton's signature waffles and oatmeal every morning plus free wireless internet to keep you connected. Our guest and accessible rooms have the comforts of home with the clean and fresh Hampton bed plus a refrigerator and microwave. As always, your stay with us is backed by the 100% Hampton guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Hampton Inn