“Thank You”

Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Wayne, New Jersey
“Thank You”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

I want to let people know what a great hotel this is. Our daughter is a college athlete downh in Virginia Beach and we started staying here when we were in town to watch her play. The staff learned our names quickly and greeted us warmly on each return trip. When my daughter was injured and I had to travel down to her with possible surgery pending and the number of days of my stay unknown they assured me that I would not have to worry about a room. They helped me with directions, food, even a get well card for my daughter on her return from the hospital post surgery. We could not have asked for a more supportive, accomodating staff. Our rooms have always been clean and neat, friendly staff, breakfast each morning, cookies in the afternoon, what more could you ask for. Plus I have checked in at all hours and the welcome is always the same. Our family would not think of staying anywhere else. They are truly a hidden gem..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank keepmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

Well, I was a little apprehensive when I booked this hotel after reading one of the reviews, but my concerns were laid to rest as soon as I walked in, the reception was fantastic, my room was outstanding, flat screen tv, microwave, coffee making facilities, aircon, iron and ironing board and wireless Internet in the room, what more could you want. The buffet breakfast was really good and well stocked, they even through in an evening meal on a Wednesday. This is the best pound for pound hotel I have stayed in, I spent 9 nights here without a single complaint.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Just467
Lafayette, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

I have stayed at many Hampton Innns, but this one is the worst one ever. . I'm amazed the Hilton lets this hotel be a part of the Hilton Family. This place needs a 100% renovation. I called when I first got in my room to a problem with the A/C. One hour later and still no one come. They send me to another room. Plumbing does not work in it. Loud noises fro people leaving and coming. They have the worst Customer Service people I have ver delat with. The place is 100% filthy. I will never stay here again. I was told by Will that it was a new hotel. Belive me folks stay away from this one. It is worst then a run down Days Inn. Even the fitness room was filthy. I was afraid to eat there. The internet connection was terrible and only worked half the time. They truly do not care at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank alabamafann
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

Nice hotel. Always love a Hampton. Comfortable bed, flat screen. Nice breakfast that is continuously refreshed. Cleaners were very friendly in the hall. Spoke to me as I went in and out from my room. Staff at desk friendly. Shuttle is prompt, shares with Holiday Inn next door. Denny's and Holiday Inn in walking distance. Only wish they had full size hair dryer.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank MarylandCommuter
Mechanicsville, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn and the maid stole $100 out of our room. When we tried to seek a resolution, they would not cooperate. The front desk was surly, the housekeeping staff was only worried about protecting their own. I would never stay in a Hampton Inn again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank KissSophie
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

We stayed here for the Shamrock marathon. The room was very clean, comfortable and affordable. The manager went out of his way to make us comforable and treat us like family. I would highly recommend this hotel and definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

We were in town for the Shamrock Marathon. The hotel provided a shuttle service to the beach (12 miles away) for the runners and spectators. There was an issue with the shuttle pick up after the race so the general manager helped us get home w/ a taxi and even offered to come pick us up himself. He was so helpful and we really appreciated his willingness to help us. Also, we loved the breakfast, my 5 year old son ate more than his share of breakfast. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms were very clean. We ate at Ruby Tuesday twice. It is very near by and had great food, plus they had the basketball games on. I'd recomend this hotel. You can't go wrong w/ a Hampton Inn!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family